jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Yahoo vs. Google

1. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 6 years ago

I've been a member for 6 weeks (roughly) and have noticed a few interesting things with traffic thus far, and wondered what other people have seen/experienced.

I for one get much, much more traffic from Yahoo than I do from Google. Is this the case for anyone else? I'd imagine the number would be reversed as more people seem to use Google.

Also, I've noticed my hubs rank much, much higher on Yahoo as compared to Google. Is there anyway to work towards bettering the rank specifically on Yahoo? I work in internet marketing, so I know the basic SEO tricks, but it puzzles me why one search engine has me so drastically different. While it is nice being up high on Yahoo, it is bizarre that the one people likely use more ranks things much lower.

Anyone else find Google somewhere other than the #1 provider of your hits?

2. 20gsxr05 profile image60
    20gsxr05posted 6 years ago

Google is one of the leading search engines in the industry.What ever you rank on google all the other will follow.They all work together but they are not on the same team.Most of my traffic comes from google.For seo tactics check out my hubs

3. N. Ramius profile image81
    N. Ramiusposted 6 years ago

Google blows away my Yahoo traffic so I'd have to guess the way your write or how you phrase something makes Yahoo like you. Google and Yahoo use slightly different algorithms so perhaps your content is favored by Yahoo's algorithm. Of course Google could not have indexed you or something as well.

No real idea but those are my theories. It's always been Google traffic for me.

4. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

I get a WHOLE lot more HP traffic from Google than from Yahoo.  That was also true when I had my own website (now defunct), where the site was ranked #1 for the better part of 2 years on both engines.

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

The majority of my HP traffic comes from Yahoo. I can hardly imagine a smarty pants searching for "google homepage" on Google lol

6. Jewels profile image81
    Jewelsposted 6 years ago

I have a high level of traffic via Yahoo, though the majority is Google.

7. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

My traffic is from Google over Yahoo.

8. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

The majority of my traffic comes from google in the long haul, but yahoo seems to pick up hubs very quickly and they are kind enough to give first page results for exactly the phrase im trying to get!

I wish everyone used yahoo, I really do

I am not surprised at all that yahoo is your traffic leader within your first 6 weeks of publishing

9. Dr23 profile image60
    Dr23posted 6 years ago

Thanks for the responses/answers everyone. I wasn't aware that Yahoo got to things quicker. Very informative. I imagine I'll see my Google traffic increase as time rolls on.

Thanks again - love how helpful the HP community always is.