jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Publishing jokes - duplicate content?

1. emievil profile image84
    emievilposted 6 years ago

I started to publish a hub about my favorite jokes that I compiled online. When I published it, I was told that there are duplicate content. I immediately unpublished it, but I was thinking that of course, there is duplicate content because these are jokes told and re-told. Do I need to re-write the jokes to get the hub accepted?????????

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wondered about that too, because there are so many jokes sent by email that are priceless, and not everybody gets them sent so don't see them.

1. IntimatEvolution profile image82
        IntimatEvolutionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I actually think that would make for a great hub.  I think it would get a lot of online search hits.  Hm.  Makes you wonder why it was duplicated.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If you make a Hub that if full of content that is found elsewhere, it's going to be flagged automatically by the filters.

If you don't want your HubScore reduced by default, you need original content.  If you don't really care about your HubScore for that Hub, you can just leave up the duplicate content.

3. emievil profile image84

Thanks Relache. I've deleted it 11 hours ago but when I checked it a few minutes ago, the HubScore went up. Don't know what to make of that.

4. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Em....... You have the talent to write your own jokes. smile

5. emievil profile image84

Thanks PD smile.

IE, actually those are not my jokes but I liked them so I thought I would compile them. If I re-write them, they wouldn't mean the same thing. So I unpublished the hub then deleted it. sad