jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Why can't you do Amazon in NC?

1. easyspeak profile image80
    easyspeakposted 7 years ago

I don't live in NC, but it's where I'm from and I'm thinking about going back.  Why can't you do the Amazon Affiliate program in NC?

2. MrCartier profile image60
    MrCartierposted 7 years ago

Something to do with an additional tax on online revenues I believe, could be wrong, but I think it has something to do with it just being too much hassle. The trick is of course to just use the address of a close friend or relative who lives in another state.

3. easyspeak profile image80

So it's a restriction created by Amazon and not the State of NC?

btw, ryankett, why are you using a different profile for the forum?

1. MrCartier profile image60
      MrCartierposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes I am (sshhh...) wink I have no choice, make of that what you wish sir!

It is a restriction by Amazon, as a result of NC placing certain laws in place. So it is something that NC has control over, they are not getting screwed by Amazon. If NC change their tax laws, in line with other states, I am sure that Amazon will begin to allow affiliates from that state again. At least that is my (basic) understanding of the matter. I think the same applies to another state, or will apply to another state, too.

4. easyspeak profile image80

man, what are you up to? you don't have to answer that.

thanks for the tidbits on NC and Amazon.  I think remember them taxing online sales actually when I used to live there and thinking, 'how are they going to enforce that?'  i think they're just screwing themselves over.

anyways, thanks for the info.

working