jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How do you get more people to comment on your hubs.

1. moonlake profile image90
    moonlakeposted 8 years ago

I visit new hubs all the time and most of the time I leave a comment. On my hubs I rearly get comments. How do you get more people to comment. Maybe my hubs are just boring!!!!!!

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

Patience is a virtue.  You have 7 hubs.  By the time you have 20, you have to dedicate an hour a day just to responding to comments.  It's really a numbers game.  As you publish more hubs, you will get more visibility, you will get more comments.  Don't give up.  You're doing great.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I disagree with the above quote. 

I will say that writing about topics where you are offering advice, or which are of current interest can be helpful in getting comments.

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Yeah - sorry, they are just boring. LOL - Just kidding, they are great. Give it time, when people visit, they will comment. And Peter is exaggerating a little. big_smile

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
      Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Exaggerating, what, me?  Never.

4. 0
    Abhinayaposted 8 years ago

If you have a look at my hubs you will find I hardly got comments for my first few hubs.Some have "0 comments".But I am sure as you spend more time on HP, you will start getting comments.Hubbers are very friendly here. smile

5. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Giving advice is definitely the key to comments. I find that on my reptile health issues, care sheets, and game cheats, I get the most comments. Write how to's on things you enjoy. Instructionals and such seem to do well. But, I find that advice and help hubs are great for comments.

For example, "My Leopard Gecko Quit Eating" hub has over 200 comments, most are questions and help concerns. Some are unrelated as to feeding leopard geckos (breeding, crested geckos etc), but they are from repeat visitors who bookmark and save the site (I assume as hunting in a search engine each time would suck).

6. writewanda profile image60
    writewandaposted 8 years ago

I have found that I get most comments on the "Challenging issues." I have also gotten comments on pictures, because people want to know where. Or just ask for it. "So, What do you think," "Did I miss anything?" ect.