Blogged!

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Ann Nonymous profile image61
    Ann Nonymousposted 14 years ago

Okay so I just reinstated my blogger account at the advice of a fellow hubber and I am thinking, Now What?

I could really use some advice from some of you pros regarding how to promote it, put a link in my profile page here on my HP, and so on so forth. If you have extensive information drop me an email or if you can recommend a hub I'd appreciate it so much!!!!

Thanks so much in advance!

1. yoshi97 profile image55
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm on the same path ... smile

My advice ... if you can find places that link to material similar to yours, get links from them.

Xomba is good for almost anything. Digg is also good. Just make sure that your linking from a site that links to material similar to yours.

Expect it to take a couple of months to get some meaningful hits as you're new to all of this and it will take some time to find your way. Also, it's best that your personal blog not be personal if you want it to reach a large audience.

By that I mean, people read blogs to escape their regular lives. If you offer your life in return, they might see themselves and run away. Instead, offer them something new and interesting they might not get elsewhere. For example, mine revolves around scientific discoveries and speculating the future (which is my own unique twist). So, pick a topic and roll with it.

I'll warn you in advance ... If you're looking to reach an audience with a blog it's a lot of work. But once you grab an audience - their yours - you only need to keep rolling in the same direction.

Blogs are all about inertia. Once you get the wheels rolling you don't need to stomp on the gas anymore to keep them in motion ... you only need to apply some throttle every now and then to keep people arriving at your door.

I hope this helps. smile

Ann Nonymousposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It really does help....thanks!!!!

2. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Don't forget to add social submitter plugin, Onlywire on your blogger blog. That way you'll be able to submit blog post to multiple social networks.

A good idea, but be cautious with this ... If you submit a blog that's off-topic to one of these services you could lose your ride...

For instance, if you submit a topic about making money to Digg they won't like it very much. Also, by submitting an off-topic blog you are telling the users of these services that you haven't taken the time to identify what they are looking for and they might start singing the Monty Python spam song.

The rule of thumb to all good advertising ... always advertise to the right audience, because selling to the wrong crowd could get ya lynched. smile

3. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Yes, that is very good point. Not just digg, but reddit and newvine will flag the account in short time. Also Hubpages is banned from AOL services so there is no social traffic from propeller like services.

Hmmm, once again I bit off more than I can chew but I really appreciate both of you giving me advice!

Easy and worthwhile never coexist well in the same sentence.

As for biting off more than you can chew ... People who just nibble never get a taste for what they are eating and never finish in time to get to the main course.

Blogging is easy ... provided you want to just write about how your cats ate your favorite plant and puked on your new sofa (yuk!), but profiting from your blogging takes a bit of a learning curve which can pay really good dividends in the end, provided you are willing to learn from others.

Just keep asking questions ... apply what you learn ... and tell yourself about year from now you will be sitting on top of a growing money tree. smile

Thanks for the encouragement, yoshi!

4. yoshi97 profile image55
    yoshi97posted 14 years ago

No problem ... I help wherever I can. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)