jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Finding topics for hubs in your personal life

1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I have found a few of my hubs that were inspired by something in my personal life get regular spikes in traffic or get steady decent traffic. The logic seems pretty simple really. As I was going through this or that problem and went searching online for information or experiences of others I did loads of reading, after a time decided to post my experiences here. It makes sense that other people with the same problem go searching just as I did and maybe find my hub in the process. My latest personal hub is blowing me away, frankly. I tried to think about keywords and SEO just in case I could monitize my experiences and hub as well as giving myself a chance of drawing in search engine traffic. If I didn't have an adsense affiliate account I probably would have been clicking ads so it seems reasonable that I may even get some clicks, woo hoo!

Anyone else find that your personal experiences can make for great hubs? Possibly even making good come from an otherwise bad experience?

2. livelonger profile image92
    livelongerposted 6 years ago

I think this a bit different from what you're talking about, but my highest-earning hub is a practical-information hub suggested by a friend who couldn't find the answer to a question she had online. I had to dig quite a bit to find a satisfactory answer, so I made a hub that puts the answer to this question (stated explicitly in the title) front and center.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Close enough wink big_smile
      It just amazes me that those hubs I spent ages trying to 'discover' in hopes of getting traffic and high value clicks from can totally bomb, hubs that I wrote because of a personal problem or after seeing a question and thinking 'I could answer that in a hub' can sometimes surprise me big_smile

3. Disturbia profile image59
    Disturbiaposted 6 years ago

I don't write hubs for money so I don't really know about that part. I do write them as therapy.  I also write them to rant and vent about my life, my husband, even my kids.  I write poems to do the same. Anybody that's read my hubs knows all about me, my ADHD, my crazy mother, my life as a runaway, my four ex-husbands, my volatile relationship with my current husband , my "haunted" house, even how my daughters got their goofy names. 

I didn't think anybody would care what I wrote about, but it's amazing... people LOVE to read about very personal things. They offer all kinds of advice, and many of them share similar experiences. I think it's awesome to connect to total strangers in this very personal way.