jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Flag a hub

1. mixfitness profile image68
    mixfitnessposted 7 years ago

I'm trying to find out what happens when you flag a hub.  Is it a good or a bad thing?  Just thought I would ask before I tried it.  Thanks!

1. angela_michelle profile image92
      angela_michelleposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Do you mean will it effect you if you flag a hub? I don't really know. But I do know that if you flag a hub, you are saying that the hub does not meet requirements. It will make you select why it does not meet hubpages requirements, and you have a little section to input further information. So it will hurt the person you flag. So I would only do it, if it's completely necessary.

mixfitnessposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply! I was wondering if it was a way to boost an article or author or lower it/him.  Some of the fitness articles I read seem to really promote a product.  It seems like they're trying to sell the product.  So, I was just wondering if flagging was a way to reduce the sales pitches.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image79
          Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

When you flag a hub, it is sent to the moderators.  One of us will carefully review it to see if it meets our standards.  If it does, no harm done.  If it breaks our rules, we unpublish it and notify the author that he or she needs to make revisions before the hub can be republished.

In sum:  If you find a hub you like, you should leave a comment or give it a thumbs up.  If you find a hub you don't like, you can give it a thumbs down.  If you find a hub you think may be against our rules, you should flag it.

2. angela_michelle profile image92
          angela_michelleposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just ignore the sales pitches.

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

12.How do I report rules violations or inappropriate content?
    To report a Hub you believe violates our rules, scroll down to the bottom of the Hub in question to the grey bar that gives you the option to print, share, or rate it. There is a blue link on the far right titled "flag this hub." Once you click it you can choose the reason you are flagging, and write a short explanation, if you feel it is needed.

We manually review every flagged hub and will take the appropriate action when there is, in fact, a violation of rules.

This was straight from the rules.

mixfitnessposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your explanations Maddie and KCC.  When I asked, it was because I was having trouble just finding out what the purpose of a flag was.   I didn't know my answer would be posted under rules violations.  It sounds like I would rarely need to flag.

3. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

You're welcome.  Every now and then you run across one and as Maddie said, it won't get pulled unless the HP staff agrees that it is in violation.

4. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I actually use the sales pitch hubs to find out information about the product I am interested in buying before I buy it. On a few occasions I have found other products for sale which I prefer, or learn something extra about the product I may not have considered, or even found a feature I wanted but did not know enough about. A well written hub that sells products is OK by me. smile

5. SiddSingh profile image60
    SiddSinghposted 7 years ago

There is nothing wrong with sales pitches - as long as the hubs are not 'overly promotional'.

A lot of people come on the internet to research products and make a decision about buying something. There is nothing wrong in providing that kind of info in a hub.

working