jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

How do you ping a hub? I know it's been asked before....

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago

I noticed someone asked two months ago how to ping one's hubs.  I've also read the forum question and answers on whether it's a good idea to ping one's hubs. But I didn't actually see the answer to what it means to 'ping' one's hub.  Can someone please enlighten me?  I'm especially wondering because last week I edited each hub by opening each one up and copying/pasting each one to my hard drive/documents so that I'd have the newest version of each.  I closed each hub up afterward.  To my surprise traffic increased a lot for a couple days from that little exercise.

2. wytegarillaz profile image77
    wytegarillazposted 7 years ago

go to pingmybog.com and one called feed fish ? Its easy to do !

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 7 years ago

Your own editing actions count as page views. As for pinging:

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/1123945

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
      Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I had read that one, but still didn't or don't understand. 

Thanks, though.  and with regard to our own editing actions counting as page views, I had read that a couple months ago, but is it also true that at the end of the day when the count goes down, it's because those page views we did ourselves have been subtracted?

Just wondering.  thanks.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Pingler is pretty good, the good news is that pinging hubs is not really requird, most people see their hubs indexed in a matter of hours naturally.

5. beebong profile image68
    beebongposted 7 years ago

Some Free Site Map Generators have a ping facility, it's worth a look. Search on: Google Free Site Map Generator

6. beebong profile image68
    beebongposted 7 years ago

Here's the site mapper that I use:http://www.auditmypc.com/free-sitemap-generator.asp  it has a pinger :-)

7. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image85
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 7 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for your replies and advice.

8. Aficionada profile image90
    Aficionadaposted 7 years ago

No, our own pageviews are not subtracted.

The count on HubPages is on a 24-hour cycle.  That is, when you look at the pageview count at 8:00PM, you will see how many views there have been since 8:00PM yesterday.  When you look at 2:00PM, you will see how many views there have been since 2:00PM yesterday, etc.

So, the reason the count goes down is because of fluctuations in the rate of traffic over the course of a single day.

working