jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

New and could use some advice...

1. flounderingsahm profile image75
    flounderingsahmposted 6 years ago

I joined HP a while ago but I'm now starting to get more into it.  I've written a few hubs already and have a ton of ideas for new hubs but would like some of the more experienced hubbers to take a look at what I've done so far.  If you have some free time (funny, I know) can you please look at some of the ones I've already written and let me know what you think?  I'd much appreciate it!  Thanks!

1. Fluffymetal profile image77
      Fluffymetalposted 6 years ago in reply to this

welcome to hubpages big_smile

flounderingsahmposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Fluffymetal!  (LOVE the name!)

2. pinkboxer profile image60
      pinkboxerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome! Your hubs are great. I suggest you add photos. Especially to that wonderful wedding hub.

Thanks!  I have to dig up some pictures from my wedding to post.  Was on my mind when writing it, but completely forgot to get my old hard drive hooked up.  On my list of to-do's this weekend!

3. Ben Evans profile image75
      Ben Evansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Glad to see you on hubpages.  I am another late bloomer.  I was here for 2 years but didnt participate much until a couple of months ago.

2. Ivorwen profile image82
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Your hubs are nicely laid out, with good headings.

Thanks Ivorwen!  I appreciate it.

3. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Hey there, welcome to HubPages smile

First off - your meta tag. the grab line, the part surfers will see on the internet is: I’ve never been the girl who dreamt of her wedding day.  Honestly, growing up, I never wanted to get married.  Career, yes.  Kids, yes.  Husband, no thank you.  As we all know, life doesn’t always...

It doesn't really 'grab'.

It should include your keyword and related phrases. Something along the lines of: Are you looking for cheap wedding ideas? How to plan an inexpensive wedding from a real life budget bride - Unique budget wedding themes and ideas.

Tags - too many and most are far too generic. Hone them: I'd suggest: cheap wedding, cheap wedding ideas, cheap wedding dress, cheap wedding decorations, inexspensive wedding ideas, budget wedding ideas, creative wedding ideas, cheap wedding invitations - and so on.

If you're writing for the love of it, change nothing. Because it is written well. If you're expecting to make money, you'll have to write in order to do so. That means giving google what it wants on page.

The keywords above are right there for all to see - related searches. That's googles way of saying 'this is what we want to see' smile

Add a bit more media. Break the page up. Make your links open up in another window - currently they take the reader off and away from your hub.

Good luck, whatever you do decide one.

Thank you so much!  I knew, but for some reason ignores the whole 'grab' piece!  I've heard conflicting information regarding the keywords.  Originally only had the specifics, but added the more obscure, I'll stay with my gut next time.  Thanks again.

4. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HP hope you enjoy the site.

5. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 6 years ago

Gidday! Great to meet you. Happy Hubbing. smile

6. nikki1 profile image61
    nikki1posted 6 years ago

Welcome to all you new hubbers. You just made this club even better. Have fun writing and keeping your hubs fresh in content
    and informative. Also, when you give your hub exposure Be careful on not spamming outside communities. Know there policies.
    Also, consider "Redgage". And, "Youtube" by adding your article in the about me section and some in your bulletin section.
    You can also use free classified ads for more exposure. Again,
    ask authorization before you do this with the free classified ads team.
    GOod luck to all.