jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Denying Comments

1. dineane profile image84
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

What do you do when you have such a ridiculous comment posted on one of your blogs that you are really tempted to approve it, just so you can blast the reader?

Okay, not blast...I've been thinking about "polite" responses I could add. Remarks that would make me look even better :-)

When someone comments, if they are a "hubber", does their name link to their profile before you approve the link? Can you post a comment without signing up as a hubber? I was hoping to get a little more insight about where this person was coming from, but I can't find a hubpages profile for them.

I don't think this comment is from a spammer, just a....I have no idea how to describe it.

What do you do with (not just negative) but crazy? comments?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It depends on what you mean by crazy.  If I thought I could produce a scathingly effective riposte to make them look silly, I'd approve it, then post my own comment in reply.  Otherwise, I'd just deny it and be done.

If it's a Hubber, you'll be able to click on their name to go to their profile (which won't always be completed, but that's a different thing).  If you can't click on the name, then it's someone who is not a member of the site.

2. Om Paramapoonya profile image91
    Om Paramapoonyaposted 8 years ago

I don't think most hubbers post ridiculous comments anyway. They usually make either positive or negative comments that make sense. Crazy comments are normally made by people who are not HP members.

3. 0
    daflaposted 8 years ago

You can deny outside comments when you post or edit the hub.  I've never gotten a bad comment from a hubber.  Every one I ever had to deny was unregistered.  Of course, that doesn't mean it wasn't a hubber in disguise.

4. spuds profile image21
    spudsposted 8 years ago

You can set comments so that only logged in members can comment. Yes the members name does appear in the comment. I would deny the comment and then send them a message.

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

hi; I am getting a lot of "outsiders" commenting on some hubs. I can't figure out how to set up who can comment.
      Can you help?

5. dineane profile image84
    dineaneposted 8 years ago

Thanks, everyone. It was not a hubber, and I ended up just denying.

6. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

well my comment box was flooded with rude comments from a group of kids and I had to remove it!
    .I'm still waiting form someone at hub teams to respond
    please help

7. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

1. Edit your hub.
    2. Edit the comments capsule.
    3. Check one of these boxes in order to prevent anonymous comments and/or require comments to be approved before they appear:

[X] Only signed-in users may post comments
    [X] Comments must be approved before they appear

1. Stacie L profile image89
      Stacie Lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ok thank you;
      I just did that.I never realized that existed
      Thanks Paul and Maddie!
      I was in a panic!