jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Girly Hubs with no text - do I flag for HP Team or Not

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I'm just asking because I need to know if I should flag them or not for the HP team to look at. I used to think they were okay, if the nipples didn't show. But recently I thought the policy changed and all the Indian Auntie Hubs went running for the hills. But I just saw a few new ones.

So If I see a tasteful grouping of bikini pics, no text at all, do I flag or not for the HubPages team.

2. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

DO IT Nelle smile
    (sometimes I tend to flag my own hubs! smile )

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago in reply to this

SunSeven you've been posting pretty sweet earnings lately, are they from picture hubs?

1. SunSeven profile image62
        SunSevenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Those ones help smile
        But I am focusing on higher paying ones these days. To achieve the max I have even removed ads from those picture hubs.

3. Csjun89 profile image73
    Csjun89posted 6 years ago

Totally! Just do it like NIKE would say, if you are sure they are spam

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I flag things that I feel fit the given definitions of spam or low-quality. (as stated in the descriptions that pop up on the flag screen)

If not one of the above and I still find the Hub seems to really be lacking, I vote it down.

5. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

SunSeven - I just checked out your Posh & Becks hub and it is great, and the photos are lovely. Do you mind if I ask - do you get the magazine / photographers permission to use them, or do yo just go ahead and use them anyway. I'm guessing that 'Brand Beckham' do not mind the photos being used as it is all promotion to benefit them.

I see so many hubs with great photos, pretty models, famous actors, and I haven't really got my head around how the copyright works.

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its a grey area, actually. My policy is use them, what they need is publicity, and they get it. And if its a photographers issue they will let you know if they see them and have any objection. If they have any issues you can always take them down. Till then let it stay posted with proper courtesy text.

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Thanks Relache. I just don't like to make work for the team or be overly critical. Hub Hopping today was a pretty miserable experience. Couldn't take too much of it.

7. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

Cool thanks - I've had a look through for some photos of a rather sexy tennis player's bum for my own personal enjoyment smile - And thought 'what a great hub' big_smile. I'm sure his PR people wouldn't mind - if he doesn't like people to look at his bottom he shouldn't wear such tight shorts smile. Of course if I did do a hub it would be text rich, and the photos would only be there to enhance the quality of the article big_smile

8. lovelypaper profile image68
    lovelypaperposted 6 years ago

The hubs with just a few pictures on it don't have any content or quality and should be flagged in my opinion. They are too easy to throw up quickly. At least put some text in there like commentary on the photos.