jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What font size do you use on your browser?

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 6 years ago

I think I may have a problem with my display settings.  I use firefox for my browser and have set my font size to 22, which is comfortable for my decrepit eyes.  I have also designed all my hubs visually around this font size, never thinking that I would end up with white space when other people use a different font size.

What size do most people use?  Do I need now to edit my hubs to make them more attractive visually to people with normal eyesight?

2. wilderness profile image95

Well, I just found out why my hubmetrics screen took so long to figure out - it looks really odd unless I set the font size to 16. 

Is that what most of you use?  Actually, I'm not sure I want to know; if it is I have a bunch of work editing most of my hubs!

3. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

I just left it at the default setting..meaning the font size is determined by the size used for each web page.

If you use Firefox, you can (with Windows) hold down the 'Ctrl' button and use your mousewheel to make the text larger or smaller.  In version 3.6, the whole page, including graphics can be zoomed in or out.

4. 0
    RoyZwamposted 6 years ago

I'm using the default settings as well!

5. wilderness profile image95

I don't think I've made myself very clear.  I designed the hubs to be visually attractive as much as I could, including no white space between capsules.  But it was done with the font set at 22; if I change my browser to 16 and look at the hub the photos and ads on the sides of the text capsule are now considerably longer than the text, resulting in a white space gap under the text.

I can always write the hub with whatever font size I want, then change it back to a more comfortable setting for me to use.  Unfortunately, I changed the font size long enough ago that I no longer remember what the default (and probably the most common size used) was.  I'm trying to find that common size used by most people to "optimize" the appearance of the hub for that size. 

I also started a forum post in the makeover section, giving an example of what I was talking about and asking for opinions on the appearance.