jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Why does this hub have a low score?

1. kwyser119 profile image64
    kwyser119posted 6 years ago

I just made a hub that I thought was really great but my score is 48, why?

I'm not going to link to it cause I don't know if that's allowed, but if you go to my profile it's the one called "The Complete Guide to Making Money Online."

Is it just the topic that I wrote about?  Because I know that this topic gets a ton of spam, but my hub is actually good.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you just made it is will start with a score of around 50.  The score increases with time.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

It's a simple, mechanical penalization by the ranking algorithm,

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I will agree with Relache. Your hub will be tagged for over-promotional, sooner or later by Staff and that will work against you.

However, on a side note, if a hub isn't matured during the creation, then you will start out with an average score, such as 48-51.

If you leave a hub to mature, then the score will go up, as you edit and change things, while visiting it yourself.

Hope that helped.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

A lot of Hubs will start out with a low score. Reasons for ultra low score may be that the subject has been done by many others? isn't new, who knows really hmm but scores usually rise in time. smile I wouldn't fret.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Ken, it's obvious that Dame Scribe and psycheskinner didn't actually look at your Hub.  I really suggest you read the section I linked to and then review your Hub content.

5. snagerries profile image74
    snagerriesposted 6 years ago

Every initial hub starts with a score near to 50 but as soon as people start visiting it, the score starts improving. Also I feel that if people rate your hubs, it also increases your score. I got a lot of ratings for hubs and my hubscore started increasing.