jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Need feedback on my hubs

1. swapna123 profile image79
    swapna123posted 6 years ago

I am new to hub pages with 3 hubs in the last 4 days. Individually, my hubs have a decent score, but the hub score of my profile is going down drastically. I would really appreciate if someone can give me a feedback on my hubs and please let me know in what all areas I need improvement.Here's one of them.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Your hub is only about 470 words, which is a bit short. Your hub is neatly divided into different sub-headings, but it is a bit dry because there are no concrete examples of anyone actually taking a break. I suggest that you try to add some information to each of your sub-headings; for example, how many people actually do this, or did you or anyone you know do so? By doing more research and expanding your hub this way, it will be more interesting to read and have a more appropriate length.

swapna123posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for suggestions. I thought that long hubs would discourage people from reading it.  I am on a sabatical as of now, so yes, i can definitely give more examples. Would be more detailed next time.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are very welcome. People who come to HubPages from the search engines are looking for specific information, so details are helpful. 800 words or more is often best. I usually set 500 as a minimum, but most of them are longer.

If you revise your hub, you can post to this thread again once you are done, maybe someone will come and give you more feedback.

3. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

Hi swapna123, welcome to HP. Don't worry too much about your score. When I first opened my HP account my score never dipped below 75, even though I didn't have a clue what I was doing. I recently opened a new account to put a different type of article on. I only published two hubs, and my score crashed down to 26. Now a week later, without me touching that account, and with no traffic going to those pages, the score has gone up to 60+. So I don't have any practical advice on what you can do to bring your score up. Just ignore it and carry on doing whatever you planned to do here at HP.

Thank you . After the first hub, the score was around 50, and then it came crashing down as i started more hubtivity. I was so puzzleed.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is already a long thread on that issue:

4. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

You've done a nice job on your first few hubs, and welcome to HP!

Over time, you'll discover the right hub length for you. Many of the experienced hubbers here say 1,000+ words work best for them, while others stay in the 500-800 word range. Remember, you can always go back and revised/edit/add to your hubs as you go, so don't worry about giving it some time to see what length works best for you.

You might want to push that picture down into the text instead of having it flush right to the first text capsule, as it is taking up valuable AdSense space.

I think you need to work a bit on your tags. This hub by Darkside is a good read.

And in this particular hub on taking a break from your job, I think you might want to use some related keywords in the text and absolutely in your tags--leave and sabbatical come to mind. There are many reasons why someone might want to take a break from their career--gap year for a college grad, maternity or family leave, etc.--and you just want to make sure you can capture that search engine traffic as well.

But job well done!

Thank you!  I have made some changes and tried to make it little longer and added few tags. I seem to be more comfortable typing around 500 words range. About the picture taking up advertising space, i don't have an adsense account yet. Also, I am still figuring out how these capsules work and how to move the text/image around smile