jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Strange characters in RSS feed...please help!

1. HELLA profile image59
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

Hi! I have recently started using the RSS feed. I didn't even know what a valuable tool it was until last night. The only problem is, I found my feed URL, placed it into my RSS feed capsule, but when I view it on my page, some of the lettering shows up as strange characters:   and I’ve

Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I had this problem awhile ago in some of my hubs. All I could find out was that some web browsers cause misreads in text.

Have you tried a different browser or computer?

2. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 6 years ago

Happens a lot with me, too.

3. HELLA profile image59
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

First, thanks for the response! I use Firefox at home and IE at work and both exhibit this problem. When I used an RSS verification, it did sya that there was something I could change which would allow the text to be read differently, but I don't know how to do it. If it is a normal occurrence then I guess I'll just deal with it, but I'm hoping there is a way to fix it as I like my hubs to be clean looking.

Thanks for the responses! If anyone does know the answer to fixing this please let us know. smile

4. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

it might have something to do with the text being copied and pasted from Word. sometimes those characters appear where are double quotes. I don't think there's a way we can fix it on an RSS feed with other people's hubs. I've read that's one reason it's good to copy and paste from Notepad vs. Word. But I really don't know for certain.

I know what you mean with the appearance. It does seem to jump out at the viewer. hmm

5. HELLA profile image59
    HELLAposted 6 years ago

That is an exceleent point rebekah! I think I acutally read something like that about making sites in general, but I forgot where. I may start writing in notepad. smile