jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

1. shimmering Dawn profile image83
    shimmering Dawnposted 5 years ago

Hey I am pretty new too, I haven't written as many hubs as you.. I guess it takes time.. I am spending time reading up all kind of stuff before I jump into writing.. I guess that is a good investment..

May be this could help.. on the forum topics you have topics like Ask if you need help and knowledge sharing.. reading what people say here helps me understand a lot of things in HubPages, may be you should try that route.

1. saleheensblog profile image59
      saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

spot on and you have a great start unlike rickyrt44

2. simeonvisser profile image87
      simeonvisserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The most important thing is to write though. You can read all the information you want and that's what I'm doing too but you can still be taken by surprise. For example, I have just written two tutorials on HTML5 which is the next big upcoming web standard but the HubScores are dropping although I think the tutorials are good quality. I'll have to wait and see if they get more traffic or not.

3. Suzanne Day profile image97
      Suzanne Dayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've been reading tons too and you can go too far and get too complex with keyword research and formulas which do your head in. Am concentrating on:

1. Find a topic you like
      2. Look at keywords to follow (high monthly search, zero to medium competition)
      3. Broad selling opportunities (don't focus on one product, focus on a whole range)
      4. Making sure CPC ads are available and pay for that topic
      5. Write a great, long, informative hub that is interesting to read
      6. Do all of above with evergreen content in mind (ie, will advertisers for your topic still be around in 10 years?)

Cheers x