jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Citing Sources on Pages Flagged as Duplicate

1. black_magnus profile image60
    black_magnusposted 5 years ago

I have started using HubPages to share some of my articles with a wider audience in a way I have more control over. Some of these articles will have been published elsewhere. I understand and agree with trying to block marketers from spamming the system with outbound links when the content registers as duplicate.

How does this apply to citing my sources? I assume these links will be considered a no-go on duplicate pages as well. Should I just use the source's web address and info without making it clickable?

1. lrohner profile image85
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago

What you should do is change up the article so that it is unique. smile

2. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

It depends on the source. Outbound links to commercial sites are prohibited, links to sites like Wikipedia are not. A non-clickable URL sounds like a possible solution.

1. black_magnus profile image60
        black_magnusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, both. I thought all outbound links were prohibited. Over time, the content of my duplicate hubs will probably diverge from their previous incarnations as I expand upon and update them. There will probably always be large chunks of text that remain the same, though. I'm not interested in cheating the system, only in maintaining a "living" version of my work for readers to have access to.

1. 0
          Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome!

Here is the exact text: "including promotional links on content that is unoriginal (i.e. not exclusive to HubPages); promotional links can only be included on content that is exclusive to HubPages."