jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Oddball Hubs..

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Hi-
      I have a few of my poetry hubs that I have un-checked the "may be considered commercial" box,and set the ad settings to low or medium.

Am I still able to place an Amazon capsule at the very end?

The reason is, I do not want the flow of the verse interrupted by ads placed willy-nilly between capsules (each stanza is in its own capsule), wherever Google feels like plopping them in.

But, I might still want to offer readers poetry books found on Amazon.  Are these 2 desires incompatible?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

If you don't want the verse destroyed by google ads, then make sure the entire poem is in one capsule and not split up between capsules. Problem solved. smile

DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I originally used to do that, but found, since I use a LOT of "play with spacing" for visual effects, every time I needed to edit something  (belatedly noticed typo, for example, or small revision), the ENTIRE contents of the capsule would be slammed flush against the left margin, with all my careful formatting lost.

It was a forum post I made grumping about THAT issue, in which someone suggested splitting each verse into its own capsule, so I would not have to stop and re-format the entire poem.  So that is what I now do.

... (leaving my original question unanswered...can I still have an Amazon capsule at the end???)

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Yes, you can add Amazon at the end.

Also, if you want to help yourself out- you could even try this-

(a) write a precursor to the poem in one capsule.
    (b) insert a photo/divider between the two text capsules.(this will absorb adsense ads and place them before your poem.
    (c) write your poem in one capsule.

(not self promotion)

Here is an example: http://hubpages.com/hub/Poems-You-Wont- … e-part-one

DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh--good plan!  Thanks for the tip... and the visual aids!  ;-)

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome. Glad I could help. smile

2. tritrain profile image74
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Very nice!~

4. To Start Again profile image85
    To Start Againposted 6 years ago

you can also try messing with the format box in the text capsules when editing. There are different choices that can allow you to have a different look/ spacing option.

working