jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Bug: Tag feed of author also includes larger tags

1. simeonvisser profile image89
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Example: The feed

http://hubpages.com/author/simeonvisser … latest?rss

also includes http://hubpages.com/hub/Things-To-Do-In … r-Children

which does not have the tag 'science' but it does have the tag 'singapore science centre'. I think the RSS feed should only include hubs which have a tag that exactly matches the specified tag in the URL (in this case 'science').

1. WryLilt profile image85
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'd have to agree on that. Never noticed it before and it could cause some unwanted hubs to appear if you're trying to be selective.

2. Howard S. profile image85
      Howard S.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't agree. The same behaviour, by the way, applies in the Amazon, eBay and news capsules, and in Google AdSense for blocking domains. It is a standard string-matching algorithm. Anything that matches [science] passes. You can be more selective either by addition [science xyz] or by subtraction [science -abc]. I always preview to see whether I need to be more exclusive. For example, since most of the auto loan hubs here are for bad credit, I constrained one ['auto loans' -bad -bankruptcy] in order to exclude that type.

1. simeonvisser profile image89
        simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So how would I do that? How would I create a feed that excludes this article about the singapore science centre? I'm not talking about capsules where you specify a parameter, in case of an RSS feed it has to be specified in the URL. Looking at the URL, I would get all my articles with the tag 'science', not all articles that have tags that include the word 'science'.

2. Howard S. profile image85
    Howard S.posted 6 years ago

I just now realized you had tossed this back to me. Sorry. (I haven't yet figured out how to keep track of the various threads that might matter to me.)

As I look at this further, I have to admit that RSS is the one I haven't figured out entirely. My apologies. This motivates me to bump it up to a higher priority. I'll come back here if I learn anything more. smile

working