jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Please critique my Hubs

1. rorymullen profile image61
    rorymullenposted 5 years ago

I am freaking out hoping I am writing properly in my Hubs. I am a American writer and want to represent America the best I can. I would like fellow Hubbers to show me where I can do better and also show me what I am do well. I am not shallow so be blunt. The only thing I ask is if you do think my Hubs are blatantly pitiful please, use some tact.

The type of information I am looking for is the following.
    Keyword usage
    Overall wording

I would like to Thank people prior to doing this. This will help me become a better writer and you guys will have better Hubs to read
    Rory Mullen

1. Appletreedeals profile image83
      Appletreedealsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Greetings Rory
      You are asking a lot.

Best advice is to spend some time at the learning center - they have info and advice for all the items you asked about.

Second best advice: search for hubs, by experienced Hubbers, on subjects similar to yours, READ them, and do some comparing - odds are good you will get some of the answers you want.

Looked at a few of your hubs:
      Tip: Don't lead off with a photo capsule, if you start with a short text capsule of only a paragraph or two, you will get better Adsense ad placement, plus the benefit of an intro to set the stage for the rest of the hub content.

Your Amazon listings just look too long and not well formatted for your content

Spend more time proof-reading for grammatical and typo errors

Got the feeling I was reading a lot of "cut & paste" - Of course I could be mistaken, but I did not feel like I was reading "original content"

Hope this helps ( at least that was the intended spirit)

1. rorymullen profile image61
        rorymullenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks apples, I am thankful of your information and have already changed my pictures. This is the information I was needing. As for original content all of my Hubs are researched and wrote from what I learned. I will not plagiarize ever as I want this to be my Life long job.
        I have thought of taking a creative writing course to better my written. I acknowledge my spelling of certain words and grammar need some help, but I have progressed since the beginning.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Ditto what Appletreedeals said. I found many, many spelling, grammar and punctuation problems in the few hubs I glanced at.

Also, don't ever put a photo before your second capsule, and make sure your first capsule is long enough so that the large ad appears to the right of it.

Good luck!

3. salt profile image66
    saltposted 5 years ago

Thanks, I just learnt about the tip given re paragraph first. I always put, or generally put a photo. Also reminded me to check key words. Thanks