jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Google Announcement

1. McConnell Group profile image62
    McConnell Groupposted 5 years ago

So I just saw an announcement that says ":Google  says it is changing its search algorithm to improve the rankings of high-quality sites, while pushing down low-quality sites. The change, which will affect 11.8% of all search queries, is directed at reducing the visibility of content farms... that are considered a "low value add" for users"

http://www.businessinsider.com/google-d … dia-2011-2

not trying to scare anyone but would HP be considered a "content farm"?

2. Spacey Gracey profile image75
    Spacey Graceyposted 5 years ago

I'm down about 40% traffic. My best earner has moved from top spot to 9th. Really frustratingly it is now being out ranked by ancient forum threads that will provide little or no benefit to the reader and out of date information.

Some other hubs that ranked well have just completely disappeared off Google.

1. ThomasE profile image82
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yep, me too. My traffic graph has plummeted by 60%. So I think it is affecting me. Sigh.

3. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 5 years ago

When I looked at HubStats I was down 40% yesterday, when I look at adsense stats I was only down 8-10% BUT the quality of my traffic seems to be greatly changed as my adsense earnings were down 80% the past 3 days.

I think IM getting different less desirable traffic for the adsense model not necessarily a great deal less traffic as my product based affs are still performing at my general and current expectations