jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

First a worler malware attack and now this?

1. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

My Norton is working overtime. I had an attempted attack this morning while viewing one of my hubs from "worler."

Now I just got hit with mld1.co.cc. I give up. I'm not reading, editing or hopping any more hubs until the team says they've got the problem solved. And judging by the number of people who had attacks blocked by their antivirus programs, I would suggest the rest of you do the same.

Attacker URL: mld1.co.cc/index.php?tp=790372c292fded4

Destination address: mld1.co.cc (, 80)

1. Karen N profile image41
      Karen Nposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This kind of thing happens from time to time.  I went through this last year with one of my blogs, a new advertiser on my site was infected with a trojan. Of course my site was immediately flagged as unsafe and it took about 24 hours to get the flag removed after I had removed the offending advertiser.

lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Karen. That's exactly what I wanted to hear -- that it was a fairly quick process after fixing the problem that Google love went back to normal -- whatever "normal" is, anyway. smile

2. 0
    ryankettposted 5 years ago

I've had a couple too.

Doesn't bode well does it? Visitors get a malware attack and the ability to block the site from search results?

I've actually been fairly calm through the smackdown, new rules and new layouts. This is starting to freak me out. hmm

3. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 5 years ago

Same sort of thing happened at Squidoo. It's probably one of the advertisers who has either been infected or they're being naughty.

Yup. And I would bet a million dollars it's those butt-ugly Kroger ads. smilesmile

4. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

I had these a few times today as well. It is concerning, but my anti-virus is doing what I paid for.

1. 0
      Multimanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I just had one from norton, the webpage was (I guess I better not say though I know.

and it was worler.com
      I am emailing the team and I advise everyone being attempted at infection to do the same.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

lol, lrohner you need to get past those Kroger ads. They are not responsible for all of the world's ills.