jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

New to Hub

1. Jeanie Olsen profile image60
    Jeanie Olsenposted 6 years ago

Just signed up today and been looking around. Not sure how things work yet or if my writing is ok or if I should just give it up now. Any and all feedback is welcome.

http://hubpages.com/hub/newlyunemployed 

Thank you

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jeanie, welcome to Hubpages smile

First of, I just want to say that I read and liked your hub, but you need to break the text up to make it easier on the eye - maybe with a photograph or two.
      As to the subject matter, it is called "Unemployment", but someone searching for that word probably isn't looking for your personal story so maybe you should rename it to something that actually describes what your hub is about, which is your personal and unexpected state of unemployment which as a registered nurse I sincerely hope won't be for too long.
      Just recently on Hubpages, they have been unpublishing hubs that they feel are too personal and as such don't offer much to the reader, and to be honest you hub is, IMO (not that I know anything) borderline...I mean, I enjoyed it...but would the public out there find something useful in it? Maybe they'd be shocked that RN's are treated this way? I'm probably rambling now...just tell me to shut up.
      Try and think of a title that better describes your hub, and maybe add in a bit more about (for example) how to go about claiming unemployment? Don't take anything out, because you've told it like it is which is important, but try and add something for the reader who has searched out those keywords to find you.

2. rorymullen profile image58
      rorymullenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages. I hope you enjoy your stay and write some insightful and well balanced Hubs.

Jeanie Olsenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you rorymullen. I will do my best and hope can bring someone enjoyment and help with my hubs.

2. Jeanie Olsen profile image60
    Jeanie Olsenposted 6 years ago

Thank you Izzy. I appreciate your feedback and will use it to hopefully improve on my writing. I was planning on doing a follow up to this first Hub and your comments will be helpful to me.

1. Glenn Raymond profile image60
      Glenn Raymondposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Jeanie,

Here is a big welcome for you.  Never give up.  We learn from everything, and that is never bad.  Once you begin to get the hang of things you'll be great.

Jeanie Olsenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your encouragement!!!

working