jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

First Hub EVER!!! Please Critique...

1. 60
    js0425posted 5 years ago

I just created my first hub ever.  I am on squidoo, and just started my own blog to.  I had to diversify from just squidoo.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to improve this hu  for better format, seo, and possibly to make sales.

At first, the purpose of this was to promote the blgo I started on Saturday, but now, I will also try to make money from it.

Thank you for you critiques,
    Justin (JS0425)

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Good job! smile It appears to be fine as it is.

The only suggestion I could think of is to add more content? Just to be one the safe side and try better, more targeted keywords/tags, instead of having such broad terms.

Both suggestions are just that, suggestions. No requirements. smile

1. 60
      js0425posted 5 years ago in reply to this

perhaps I should add about 2 to 3 more cake ideas.  With the sedond piece of advice, I may find better keywords, or possibly break down the hub, and link it to multiple artilces about certain types of cakes online, with much better keywords on these articles, to get a netwrod of transformer party articles set up.

I really enjoyes making this hub, although at first it was meant to promote a transformers birthday party blog post....

1. Cagsil profile image83
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Adding more types of cakes is a good idea. Make sure if you link outside of Hubpages that you do not link to one domain more than 2 times. Otherwise, you'll run into the "overly promotional" warning. It could get your hub unpublished.

Targeted keywords- bumblebee transformer cake and/or bumblebee transformer and/or transformer cakes, and/or cake types(types of cakes).

Using single words, usually have too much competition, because they are too broad.

Please also beware of the Amazon rule- 50 words per product. You must have at least 50 words worth of content/writing per product you have displayed on the hub. You are not required to specifically write 50 words per product. It's based on content of the Hub.

I hope that helps. smile

Additional assistance- http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

1. 60

Thankyou for telling me about the amazon rule.  I never knew about that.  Thanks....

You're welcome.

On a side note...you might like to upload a picture to your profile and tell your readers about yourself on your profile page.

Sometimes, people do like to learn about who is writing the material they are reading. Not everyone is that way, but a lot are. smile

1. 60

I'll try to do that later tonight.  Can I add html coding to this part, for links to my hubs or blogs?

When you are creating your profile, it is almost identical to a text capsule. All the same rules apply. So, entering in html code, no you cannot. But, linking to sites can be done.

The best linking strategy is embedded links. So, you would highlight a specific "keyword" with regards to where you want to link, then click on the "chain-link" icon to enter in the URL's location. A pop up window will show. In this window, you can choose to link directly by entering in the URL, by connecting to your own hubs(as a part of internal linking strategy) and connect to other hubber's hubs(as a part of internal linking strategy).

You'll save it and your link will be embedded in the keyword you related it to. The link I original gave you- The Learning Center is actually the best place for you to learn more.

1. 60

I'm going there now

3. Peter Owen profile image61
    Peter Owenposted 5 years ago

Good hub.
    Suggest explaining right up front what a Transformer cake is and why you want to make one. If it wasn't for the picture, I wouldn't know what you were talking about. I assume the kids like them, but it is adults who will be reading your article.

Keep it up.