jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Hub Requests Please Clear my doubt

1. 0
    shinujohn2008posted 8 years ago

What is the benefit for a person who makes a hub request.  i have seen so many hub requests and also answered 2 requests but still cannot understand the benefit to the person who makes the request. Is there any special revenue share allocated.

2. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

They get their question answered?

1. 0
      shinujohn2008posted 8 years ago in reply to this

It is a good thing. But what about many experienced hubbers who make large number of hub requests when they could have created it themselves and added another hub to their account. Is there any special prize for the highest requester.

3. Trsmd profile image60
    Trsmdposted 8 years ago

I think that the Ad placed in the Request page belongs to the person who Asked the Request..

Am I correct?

4. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

When I have made Hub requests it was not necessarily to answer my own personal questions, but because these were topics I had not seen other Hubs covering.  I would look at google trends to get an idea of what people were searching for at the moment, and then make a Hub request based on a popular search topic.  The good part about a hub request is someone answering this topic would have the potential to get some traffic from it.  Here is the google search trends website for those who are interested:

Also, I enjoy answering Hub requests during moments of writer's block, so the Hub request feature can be very stimulating and helpful with writing.  What is amusing is when some people answer a Hub request with a picture and/or use three sentences or less to promote a book they wrote, which has nothing to do with the topic of the Hub request.  Hub requests are part of the idea bank to help other Hubbers think of what to write about, and can be based on highly searched topics when examining google trends.

1. 0

Sweetiepie Thanks for explaining the whole process. I have been thinking that the hub requests was based on the principle of Referral earnings, just like getting 10% of earnings when we give them an idea.

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No worries Shinujohn. Referral earnings onlt occur when someone signs up under your url tracker.  The requests section has nothing to do with the referral earnings, but the request hubs can be good ideas for those struggling with what to write at the moment.

1. 0

Thanks dear

5. oxymoron profile image59
    oxymoronposted 8 years ago

I had similar questions...Thanks Shinu and everyone smile