jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

links

1. jfay2011 profile image61
    jfay2011posted 5 years ago

how do you do links?  can you link them to your other hubs or is that neccessary?  I mean if they're on your site they can just choose to look at your other hubs without referring to links right?

1. Jacob_Jube profile image60
      Jacob_Jubeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Click on edit button of your hub and you will see these options -

edit
          stats
          delete
          suggest links

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5560402_f248.jpg

Simply click on suggest links and whenever or on whichever word you want to add the link of relevant hubs simply select such word and you will see few suggestion of links to add.

Hope this will help.

jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks, I will try and see what happens

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

It's always best to link together related/relevant hubs. Internal linking between hubs of the same domain will not hurt you.

You can do it by embedding links within relevant keywords or you can use the link capsules.

jfay2011posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i tried to do it in one of my hubs.  I didn't really know how to do it so I just hit the search button and it came up with a short list on ones to link to.  Is that okay to do that?  I wasn't sure.

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd personally recommend linking ONLY to your own hubs, unless you find a particularly high quality hub by another hubber.

Why? Sending free traffic to another hubber is the quickest way to make sure they click that hubber's ads and not yours.

When in a text capsule, highlight the text you want to turn into a link, press the chain link button and either insert an address or use the search function to find one of  your own hubs. Then press ok and you'll have an in text link.

3. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

When a searcher visits an article looking for an answer to their question, often they just think of it as an anonymous page. You've probably done it yourself. It takes a lot for a searcher to go "Wow, this is so interesting, I want to read more by this author". Usually they just go "Cool, question answered, back to further searching or work, or Facebook."

So unless you give them more links to your (relevant) work, they're unlikely to look at your content.

To link:

Inside the text capsule, highlight the words you want to make into a link. Click on the chain link icon. Either insert an URL or use the search to find a hub or Amazon url. Insert and you have a clickable link.

working