jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Not sure what to think about this.

1. profile image0
    SirDentposted 5 years ago

Been searching my hub titles on Google to see how they are ranking.  I decided to search for the link to one with the "http://link"  What I found were all backlinks to my hub but nothing pointing directly at my hub save for one comment.

What puzzles me is that the comment a person made ranks, but my hub is non existent as far as Google is concerned.  I am not sure if what I concluded is right.  If anyone knows anything please reply.

1. Topnewhottoys profile image61
      Topnewhottoysposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I posted a reply similar to this in another thread, but a short recap...

I have seen some strange Google serps also.

A couple hubs I searched for were returned in the serps - but under my profile link instead of the hub link. stranger still - the returned serp description was the hub's title and summary, but the clickable search link was to my profile - not the hub.

hmmm.... something doesn't seem right.

GA

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think something may be wrong with Google's scripting of their bots since Panda.  But I may be wrong about that also.

2. robyna profile image59
        robynaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm no expert here but my guess would be that the Google bots have just crawled the article directories and just not Hub Pages yet for you. Be patient and keep checking, it will eventually find your Hub. Just the fact you have a backlink in an article directory goes a long way with Google.

Still...I can see why you're annoyed!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

What is your link that did not show up.  I

1. profile image0

I won't post the link.  It is considered spam.  Not all the links I checked today were like that.  Many of them are on the first page just down to 6th or 7th position.

It is just the one so far that did not show up, but only a backlink to it.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 5 years ago

I do know if you have created a new blog, site, etc that link will not work if Google has not indexed it yet.

1. profile image0

It is not a new blog.  It is a hub that was published on Dec. 15, 2008.  it has always been one of my top hubs and still is in fact in the top 5 at this time.

EDIT:  It just fell out of the top 5 but still getting traffic (more than most of my hubs).  At this time it ranks number 3 as far as traffic.

working