jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Standardizing Research

1. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 4 years ago

Just an idea...

but I think it would be cool to have a standardized way to list works cited. Perhaps a "works cited" capsule or something that could go above the comments or somewhere... similar to the links capsule but kind of has an MLA, APA, or Chicago format to it or something.

Just a thought.

2. CyclingFitness profile image92
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

That sounds a great idea for citing research articles and it's surprising it hasn't already been done as it's in place for images already in a basic form.

3. brittanytodd profile image92
    brittanytoddposted 4 years ago

I agree.  Sometimes the sources are confusing, but if we were to make it uniform, I may have to change a ton of my hubs.

4. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I think a guide could be offered but people should be free to use any citation system they want.

5. CyclingFitness profile image92

I would be for the use of a set particular system- show some clarity for all citations across the site.
    Hard to police I know but it would be good for some citation training modules too.

6. Savva Pelou profile image72
    Savva Pelouposted 4 years ago

good idea, much like universities in England, we have adopted a "harvard referncing" which insures that the reader is able to trace the soure seemlessly.

7. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 4 years ago

as long as its optional and the text on cited sources remains nill(small) and doesn't degrade the look of the page. Some pages look horrible with a ton of citing below

8. CyclingFitness profile image92

The citation could be in the smallprint as such