jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

How can you have one page view when Hub is not published?

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I am working on a Hub that requires a lot of work with photos, etc. I have not published it, but I have one page view.  How can that be? I only click on Edit to work on it.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

That is your own view.

mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I thought when you went into edit, it didn't count at a view.  Oh, well.  thanks.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's a bit strange. Sometimes when we only click on edit it doesn't show as a view, and sometimes it does.

2. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Whenever you travel to your own hubs, either through clicking on the link or using the edit link next to it on your statistics page, a view will be counted.

However, if you click the URL link on your statistics page and immediately close or hit the back button, then a view isn't likely to register. It's completely dependent on how long you're on the page.

On a side note- if you use the "edit" link next to your hub on your statistics page, you will be brought into edit mode for that hub and when you click done editing, it will automatically register a view.

mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess I thought that if you just went into edit next to the Hub on the statistics page, it didn't register as a view.  Now I know it does. Thanks.

1. Cagsil profile image60
            Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It automatically registers as a view when you leave edit mode.

working