jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How sensitive are the ups and downs (blue and red arrows)?

1. Perspycacious profile image74
    Perspycaciousposted 4 years ago

The blue (falling) and red (rising) arrows which show on My Statistics pages seem to be overly sensitive.  What does it take to cause such changes?

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

It only takes ONE view for a blue or red arrow to show up.

The blue and red arrows are based on your average views. So, if you have 5 views as an average for say 5 days and then for some reason one day your traffic goes higher(red) or lower(blue), then the arrows will show up respectively.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The above holds true for Hubs with very low traffic levels.  On those, even your own visits to edit the Hubs can trigger them.  For high traffic Hubs (for instance, Hubs that get thousands of views per day) you will need larger changes in traffic to show the arrows.

3. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 4 years ago

there's probably an algorithm for calclating average daily or hourly views and when the parameters they set move out of the range it triggers  to let you know that your out of the average range. As to what the range is set at, only staff programmers would know probably. Since I have only a small amount of views, they move out of the limit range quite often and so I see them all the time even if only a minor change in views.

4. GmaGoldie profile image85
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Thank you for this discussion, I was wondering the same thing. I wish our activity wasn't counted.

5. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 4 years ago

I now know to completely ignore them, if I don't care about the views for a particular Hub, because they fluctuate wildly from day to day. But I suppose if you're monitoring traffic, they could be useful.

6. Mekenzie profile image92
    Mekenzieposted 4 years ago

Thank you for asking this question.  The answers were so helpful!