So many blue arrows - Views down about 60%

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (25 posts)
  1. Winterfate profile image94
    Winterfateposted 11 years ago

As per subject title. This is insane. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother on HubPages anymore. Nothing I do seems to work for more than a week. Not the easiest time at a personal level either. Still, I have a goal to meet, in terms of hubs. After that, however, who knows?

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm sorry you're seeing a downward fluctuation, Winterfate! Don't be too focused on short term chances- it's the long run that matters. smile

1. JayeWisdom profile image89
        JayeWisdomposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, Simone....I think the issue is whether or not there are many of those downward fluctuations within the "long run."  Every time my traffic increases, we get hit with something that dumps it in the gutters again.

I use my highest-drawing hub as a gauge, and when it takes a 40% hit (even though it's still ranked very high with Google search), that bothers me because it affects my earnings.  If I only have one decent-earning month once every six months, how can the long run be good for me??? Can you please explain that (without resorting to platitudes)?

Jaye

2. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

The stats aren't accuarte. They haven't updated for the past 12 hours and it doesn't look like they corrected. You're missing literally half your days views. Check out Google Analytics for a more accurate view.

1. profile image0
      healthylife2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

How do you go into google analytics and check Len Cannon? I'm still not up to speed on the many technical aspects. My views appeared to have dropped about 50% but I've learned to wait a few days before getting upset about anything to see if it gets resolved.

3. Denmarkguy profile image82
    Denmarkguyposted 11 years ago

As far as I can tell, it's just one of those periodic errors that happen... freaks people out as counts suddenly stop adding and updating, and older counts gradually fall off as they "age off" your last day's numbers...

In a few hours there'll be a system announcement that there's an "issue" with traffic counts... and that the folks at HP are "working on it." Then things will right themselves gradually or suddenly.

At least that's how it has gone down a number of times, over the past few years.

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm... perhaps we should just take 'em away?

1. Denmarkguy profile image82
        Denmarkguyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Simone, I think perhaps the most important thing is that a "system status" message is added as soon as possible when the issue starts... it seems to happen about every 3-4 months and there are always a bunch of people who wig out until an "official word" is posted somewhere.

I like the arrows... you guys recently did away with the "last updated" timer on the stats page... which I'm not sure served much purpose beside give people with OCD-ish tendencies something to do.

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
          DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

For those of us with nothing better to do, that "last updated" thing is still there, just in a different spot. It is on the top of the page now, in the statistics box---in very small letters.

2. sabrebIade profile image80
        sabrebIadeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nah...dont take em away.
        Since dropping the slideshow views, the stats page has never looked cleaner and easier to read!

4. DrMark1961 profile image96
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

My views are down about 50% today. It cant be right, must be some sort of glitch. The best solution? Bounce on out of here and come back tomorrow when all those blue arrows are pointing up and are colored red.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Blue arrows?  What blue arrows?  All I see is a blue ocean on the stats page! big_smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
        Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have a shower of blue arrows, too - and the stats update says it was about an hour ago.  So, this is a for real drop, I guess.  If there's no glitch behind it, mine dropped suddenly by about 40%. 

Strange.  And blue used to be my favorite color, when I was a kid . . .

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
          DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is a glitch, Marcy. See Len CannonĀ“s statement about Google Analytics.

5. MakinBacon profile image80
    MakinBaconposted 11 years ago

There's definitely something wrong that isn't fixed, as my visits also plunged by about 50 percent in a very short time.

6. Peaches and Cream profile image65
    Peaches and Creamposted 11 years ago

I checked all of my profiles and they all fell. There's no way mine have been updated. Period.

7. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 11 years ago

Once again, it takes like thirty seconds to go to google Analytics and see if the HubPages stats are accurate. They aren't. You (probably) have your average number of hits.

1. SimeyC profile image89
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1 Exactly what I did after seeing the sudden drop on HP!

8. Winterfate profile image94
    Winterfateposted 11 years ago

@healthylife2: Go here: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/affiliate/analytics

If you haven't already, you'll need to follow the instructions on that screen and set up Google Analytics. After you have the tracking number set up on this site, then you can see your views over at Google Analytics.

Hope this helps. smile

1. profile image0
      healthylife2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Winterfate! That helps a lot!

9. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

Len Cannon, good to know.  Thanks for posting.  (I was kind of shocked to see the 50 to 60 percent drop I just saw with my own stats.  It's good to know they're just not updated.)

10. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years ago

This is virtually definitely a glitch at HP's end. See this forum thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/109790

11. Sphinxs Sanctum profile image60
    Sphinxs Sanctumposted 11 years ago

I too have had blue arrows everywhere!  This has been going on for a couple of weeks.

12. aviannovice profile image86
    aviannoviceposted 11 years ago

Here's another problem.  My search results on my true crime stories have to do with birds.  That won't get any traffic.  I'm sure that many other people have the same problem.  What's happening with techie support on your end?

13. Zelkiiro profile image86
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

Hub views are a complete mystery to me. Views seem to come, go, and skyrocket at random.

For example, I've done several reviews on an anime franchise called Hajime no Ippo. The first season and its follow-up movie have a normal amount of views (148 and 222 respectively), while the second season has 1733 views, and is my most-viewed hub by a long shot.

As for why, I don't have even the foggiest idea.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)