jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Advertising on Hubs

1. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

Hi there.

I have just joined after looking around Hub Pages for some time. One thing that I have noticed, is that not everyone puts related advertising on their Hubs, and that a few seem to have no ads at all, other than the standard Adsense type ads.

Is there are right and wrong way for adverts on Hubs? At this stage I am not interested in earning from my articles, just getting the hang of it.

Any advice would be welcome!
    Thanks in advance,
    The Writer's Dog

1. 2uesday profile image89
      2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The explanation for no ads on a hub could be this - when you are in edit mode on a hub you have the option to select no ads. for non-commercial hubs. You can select this on the left with the summary, groups etc.

A fuller explanation of how the ads. work can be found in the FAQ - see the help button at the top of the page. You might also find the Learning Center at the foot of the page helpful in explaining how things work here.

2. Dale Nelson profile image30
    Dale Nelsonposted 4 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages Writers Dog.

It is easy enough to read the guidelines on the tutorials for Hubpages.

They should answer a lot of your questions.

Most adverts are generated by adsense here, but you can customize your adsense account to work with specific subject matter.

Good luck in your writing.

1. 0
      The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Dale smile

3. capricornrising profile image59
    capricornrisingposted 4 years ago

I'm not sure I understood you correctly - are you trying to find out how to put your own advertisements on your hubs, and bypass the HubPages ad programs (Adsense, Ebay, Amazon, HEP) completely? If so, I don't think you're allowed to do that. But maybe someone else has better information.