jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Duplicate content error

1. Axaflaxar profile image61
    Axaflaxarposted 4 years ago

Hello All,
    I got a duplicate content message today on an original article I wrote and did not publish anywhere else. The topic was on rotator cuffs. I wrote this based on my knowledge as personal trainer.  I noticed there is lots of info on hubpages about rotator cuffs and I know it is all over the web.  I rewrote the article and submitted it. I haven't heard anything back yet but the little warning was still there even after I removed the keyword rotator cuff. so I just put it back in and will wait for the mopderator response. Any insight would prove useful as to why this happened.

1. Bendo13 profile image85
      Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Go to the hub with the copied content, click the "COPIED: The content of this hub may have been copied on another site." link and if it's been copied it will give you a link to the exact spot it was copied to, under "location"

Then all you do is go to that page, confirm they stole you stuff, then click the "file" link under DMCA and they give you an email you can copy and paste and send to the person that stole your stuff.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

It could be that YOUR work was either scraped or copied in it's entirety yikes some use Copyscape and probably other methods or tools to find out sad you could've probably filed a DMCA but you changed your original hub yikes

3. Axaflaxar profile image61
    Axaflaxarposted 4 years ago

Thanks Dame, I have had people copy my articles before from my websites. so we will see what happens

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

It's always best to NOT change your own Hub hmm it's already dated and stamped, easy to prove it's yours sad next time, don't make changes to YOUR work. File a DMCA against the site that has copied your work. sad

5. KrystalD profile image85
    KrystalDposted 4 years ago

I had the same problem. I am very frustrated about it because I just spent hours writing a hub to get this news! It contains quotes because it is a hub about "quotes for break ups." How can I solve this problem? I have used as many unique quotes as possible and most I found in my own library. So confused! Help!