jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Reposting Old Content

1. 0
    mickelarrposted 4 years ago

I have a handful of articles on another site that I am thinking of deleting and re-posting as Hubs.  How long should I wait after deleting before trying to re-post?  As I understand it, they need to clear the Google cache so they don't get nailed as duplicate content. (?)

Or . . .

Is this a bad idea altogether?

I'm not trying to do anything funny here. I've just become quite disheartened with where I currently post, and don't want the articles I worked so hard on to die there when they could find a new home here.

Any advice?  Thanks in advance!

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
      Randy Godwinposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Make sure the site your articles are now on isn't one like Helium which may keep perpetual non-exclusive rights to your work.  As long as you can Google the title and it appears in the SERPS, it is still out there.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

It will likely take a couple of weeks to clear the google cache, and that really should be done before re-posting.  You can also ask google to recognize that the article is no longer published, on WMT I believe, although I'm not sure of the actual steps.  It is something I've never done.

Be very careful, though, that the articles have not been copied elsewhere on the web.  Thieves commonly steal your work, and if you unpublish the article you then have no way of proving it is actually yours - HP will look at the thieves article, note it is published before yours, and unpublish your work as a duplicate.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

You could go to webmaster tools and in crawler access click on remove URL and have it removed from Google cache..that way you could post your contents faster here without the risk of them getting into others hands..