Why are new posts, updates and comments taking so long to be emailed?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

I noticed this some weeks back, but I guess I was lazy and hoped someone else would report it.

It seems that up until a couple of months back, new updates, posts, comments on our hubs (or hubs we have commented on), used to result in an email to us within minutes. Now it is hours and hours later before we get any notification. I usually find the posts I am emailed about are ones I read over 6 hours earlier through the little green box to the left of my ID at the top of the page. This never used to be the case, and results in my wasting lots of time clicking into links that for me are 'old news'. Is there no way the process can go back to the speed it used to be, which was within seconds or minutes as far as I could tell?

Edit: Can I add to that 'answers to questions we have asked', this also seems to be hours behind 'real time'. I only just got an email notification as to an answer (posted 7 hours ago) to a question I asked. The answer I had long since read, but don't like wasting time reading it twice!

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

I tried to say something intelligent or useful, but I got nothing. And, to be honest, the topic is so very dry I couldn't even come up with anything particularly clever or even obscene. I thought lots of obscene things, and I have convinced myself that I also thought lots of clever things as well. Unfortunately none of them fit here, so I will just leave off with a sigh and a sad sense that somewhere in here was an epic feces joke that I somehow could just not pull off.

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

@Shades, you are something else....lol

@Mysty, you are right. It doesn't happen all the time for me but there have been times I don't receive an email at all. I don't really mind, give me less clear in my inbox, but is is more convenient checking your comments from you inbox instead of having to log in every few minutes to see what's going on.