jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Watch the Sky Tonight

1. GmaGoldie profile image88
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

There is a storm way above our heads that might interfere with satellites.

Be mindful of that today but also, take time tonight and report back to us - preferably with photos but of course - on your night sky.

The experts say today:

"Skywatchers at all latitudes should be alert for auroras," astronomer Tony Phillips wrote on his website Spaceweather.com, which monitors space weather events.

The auroras are nighttime rainbows and offer an unique natural color display.

Set a time tonight and get that camera ready now.

1. 0
      Brenda Durhamposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I haven't seen anything unusual yet.  But I was at my bank earlier this evening and they said their computer service is messing up, they think it's because of that satellite interference.

2. Journey * profile image87
    Journey *posted 4 years ago

I heard about this and I am interested to know what people experience. I would love to hear from people that saw the Northern lights too.

3. couturepopcafe profile image59
    couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago

It's been pouring rain here in Middle Tennessee all day and it's one of those dark winter type rains where there's not a peep of light coming through the clouds. We won't see much, I don't think. Too bad.

1. andyoz profile image87
      andyozposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just been out for a drive to take a look, I'm in England and from atop a nearby hill I did actually see a very faint glow on the horizon.  Not much but something.
      Ironcially last year I traveled all the way to the Yukon to catch a glimpse of the lights, saw nothing!  Yet from a few miles down the road I see something!  Typical.  Haha

4. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 4 years ago

Yes its a huge solar flare, so even the planes have been warned in some places not to fly. I was hoping to see the Aurora here in South England, but it was not to be, shame!