help with amazon

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (44 posts)
  1. Debbiestrange profile image61
    Debbiestrangeposted 12 years ago

Can somebody please explain to me or send me the link to where it is explained (step by step) as to how we promote the amazon products?  Do I pick a product and then write a story that leads up to the product?  Where do I place the links?  HELP!

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 12 years ago

Hi Debbiestrange smile there are Hubs, forums and maybe some Q & A's on this topic. Use the search bar to find your answer smile

Debbiestrangeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

ok..thanks.

1. Dale Hyde profile image79
        Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hello Debbie,

I don't write a story to promote a particular product on Amazon, but I have read where it is a great thing to do, and it increases the odds of you earning from the Amazon capsule. On all my hubs, I simply put in a keyword or phrase that relates to my hub and get a selection of items on Amazon that is related and those are what I display.  "Most" of the time they are related.  After doing that, you need to check on them and make sure. If not, you may need to tweak the keywords or phrase you used to narrow down what may appear.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
          Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've never used the auto select feature on Amazon, Dale.  I usually hand pick my products according to the article I am writing.  Of course, my hubs are especially about the products being used in the How-to or repair articles.  Some pay quite well. 

I have used this feature on EBay, however.  Sold a $500 item there just last week!  I still don't know if I understand how we get paid for EBay sales though.  I don't see my share of the sales on my account, but I may not be looking in the right place. 

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

Hello, Randy. I did not go into the hand picking of an item, as it would be a tad taxing on me to try to explain that one, lol.  I do that at times, as I am an Amazon Seller and on some hubs, I do have products that will list as related on the hub.

As for Ebay, the only sense I can make out of trying to figure it out, is that the revenue will be paid via the HP program at some point. I am relatively new here, just coming up on my first "paycheck" so I am not sure where my slim Ebay earnings will show up at.

it's a mystery to me too, Dale.  My EBay sales list a bunch of items I've apparently sold but i can't see where anything but the EBay clicks--not worth much at all-- have ever been listed in my payment history on the program.  If I can't see any and don't find out something pretty soon I'm goins to stop using EBay.  Amazon pays well with no waiting for the money until HP takes their cut.

Perhaps I'm missing something here.  I hope so!  smile

Well, Randy, keep me in mind if you learn more about it, as it is a mystery to me as well. I have looked around for an answer, but have not found nothing at all.

Perhaps someone in the know will cut us a break, Dale!  But anyway, if I don't find out something soon I'm going to take the EBay capsules off of my hubs.  Homey don't play that!  tongue

Hmmm...."someone in the know" sounds so mysterious Randy! smile But, yes, maybe we will learn something.

2. lobobrandon profile image89
            lobobrandonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I sold a $15 item but got nothing yet.

3. Debbiestrange profile image61
    Debbiestrangeposted 12 years ago

Thank you all for the help.  I am in the process of doing my first Amazon hub; wish me luck. smile

Okay, Good Luck! smile

2. Dale Hyde profile image79

*wishes Ms. Debbie "luck!"* smile

Ok..Hub complete.  I think I did it correct.  It wasn't as difficult as I thought it was going to be.

1. lobobrandon profile image89

Great just went through it smile

Thank you so much for looking at it for me.  smile

2. Dale Hyde profile image79

Looks good, Debbie. Not sure about it being done right or wrong. I have never done one, lol. I certainly don't see anything weird about it. All is related and a good topic as well. smile

Thank you Dale

1. IzzyM profile image86
              IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nobody seems to have given you much advice about sales hubs in general, Debbie, so here is some from me smile

Sales hubs need to be targeted. Either choose a detailed group of products (ie best watch for less than $10, or navy blue ladies short-length overcoats) and write hubs around around the products, pointing out the good and the bad points about the product.

If its something you have already bought, you can be completely original, but customer reviews on Amazon are a good place to look for reviews.

You are not trying to make a cold sell, you are wanting to channel someone who is looking to buy that product through to Amazon, so that you get the commission.

Write for people who have their credit card in their hand, wanting to buy.

I think they trust you more if you point out any negative stuff you have read about it as well as the positive.

In fact they probably trust you because you made the effort to put some words on a page (have you looked at sales sites, just rows and rows of product links and no original descriptions).

The most successful marketers drill down through a range of products for just one product (or range of them) that is not necessarily highly searched for, but is individually searched for. If you don't know, guess. Keep an eye on the search terms that bring people to your hub and you will see how detailed you need to be, or perhaps it will give you ideas.

People with a credit card in their hand to buy know what they want. They typed exactly what they were looking for into the search engine.

The trick is to write about that specific product so that they find your hub, read it, like it, click through to Amazon and go shopping.

It doesn't matter if you hardly get any visits to your hub, so long as each visitor you get buys, you know you have done it right:)

I have a hub like that I wrote about 2 weeks ago on another account. Its only had about 30 visits, but its made about 15 sales!

The hub you wrote is fine - good title, nice products, it will likely do well at Christmas, but for all year round selling you really need to target a specific product.

Of course there is no limit to how many products you target as you can write as many hubs as you like!

Good luck!

PS I wish someone had told me all this when I started out. I tried to write sales hubs that were informational, and that doesn't work.

People read, go away, think about it, decide its a good idea, then go shopping through someone else's link because they don't know about cookies and commission and such stuff.

By the way, be careful of your word ratio on your hub, it is at least 50 words per product and I think yours was a bit short. The longer your hub is, the more keywords you can get in, so the more chances of being found by search.

Wonderfully shared, Izzy! Thanks. I have no experience in that area, and you have provided a gold mine!

2. lobobrandon profile image89

Hey Izzy since you've got experience can you look over my latest hub and let me know if it's done right? I guess it's fine but I'm no expert and it's just my second sales hub.

1. IzzyM profile image86

Wow, you've put a lot of information into that hub! If I was looking for a glass cooker hood, I would probably buy from you!

I am a bit concerned that there might be too much information and too much choice, but don't change the hub because that hub looks like being a great resource for people thinking about glass cooker hoods.

I'm not an expert, I just learnt my knowledge from some of the greats on here, who are no longer posting.

Which also means that a search of these forums will throw up some gems when it comes to online selling.

1. lobobrandon profile image89

Thanks smile I've got a similar hub on general kitchen hoods and guest users sent me private mails asking for more info based on specific types with a choice as I've written. The other hub too is similar but has range hoods of various styles. This is more specific and I guess people like choice smile

I've had a hub where I spoke of just 3 products they were the best but they were all form the same manufacturer. Got plenty of comments that I didn't approve saying that I was biased and was clearly a sales rep for that company - But, I knew those products personally plus the other amazon reviews too showed they were the best. That's the reason I've begun writing with a larger choice and I see to it that there are the best from various brands included wink

3. Debbiestrange profile image61

Izzy..thank you so so so much!!!  You have helped me a great deal; great advice and wonderful information.

1. IzzyM profile image86

You're welcome (and Dale too!)

One other thing I didn't go into much detail over was types of products that sell, and this is where you use your nose.

Look at popular TV programs in your area for what the kiddies want. Your supermarket for what families are looking for. TV adverts, magazine adverts, billboards all promote products that people will come home and look up on the internet at some point, usually after they have read and heard all the sales patter, and want to buy.

This is where you come in. Find out who sells it (Amazon or eBay) and offer  price comparison or something, or just stick to Amazon (you seem to get more commission with Amazon).

If neither sells it, and it is a popular item, then you could still write about it and hope Google ads take up the slack.

Another interesting point on this is that a lot of people don't actually read all of your hub, they scroll through it and pick up salient points (this is where bullet points help).

One item I have for sale is overpriced on Amazon and eBay and half the price on another site altogether (who doesn't offer affiliate sales).

So I wrote on the article that site X sells it a lot cheaper and that they should buy it from there until Amazon reduce their price. I also said I had no affiliation with this other site, but added that buying the group of products from Amazon was actually their best buy if they don't want to go to site X.

Guess what, the sales I am getting are the whole group of products from Amazon (and the occasional individual one!), so even if site X is getting sales from me, I am not losing out really.

I took the leap and published my first hub of this nature, lol. I got inspiration from all that has been shared in this topic. Thanks for the insight and inspiration!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)