How do I deactivate the EBay Program?

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (12 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

I've been busy removing all of the EBay capsules from my hubs, but I do not see a deactivation option on the affiliate settings section.  Do I simply remove the code where it says "active"?  cool

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Randy, sorry this is a question not an answer, why are you removing the ebay capsules?

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Randy and ebay aren't friends anymore. big_smile

Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ebay was never my friend, Para!  I was their patsy!  lol

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

Hello PDH!  I just realized the EBay program is cr*p for thiose of us who make Amazon sales.  I have sold over a thousand dollars of EBay items since Nov. and have only gotten a few dollars  for the sales.  I didn't understand about how we were paid thinking we received a commission for each product sold, such as Amazon does.

I recently sold an item on one of my hubs which was advertised on both Amazon and EBay capsules on the page.  The EBay item was chosen over the identical Amazon product.  If the Amazon product had been chosen it would have netted me around $45.  Instead, the Ebay selection was made and I believe I made $.39 that day for EBay earnings.  With a whole list of EBay items sold since November, I have lost quite a bit of money on this program.  I wish I had not wasted my time both including, and removing these harmful capsules from my work.

This program is only good for those who sell few products on HP, not for those with Amazon sales.  smile

Ah ok, I understand now! And I hope you get more sales from amazon and your views will increase again! smile

It's funny you mentioned this, PDH.  It seems both Amazon sales, Adsense clicks and earnings, and traffic has improved since I started removing the EBay capsules. a couple of days ago.  Yesterday was my best day since a 2 day spike in December.  Especially in Adsense earnings.  Perhaps EBay was hurting me in the eyes of Google.  At any rate, Ebay is history for me at this point.  It  pays mere pennies where Amazon pays dollars.  A no-brainer in my opinion! smile

Way to Go! Happy Snake, I really am cheering for you RG. I don't have eBay capsules smile smile

2. IzzyM profile image87
              IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think there was another Google shakeup two days ago. No change on this account, but one of my other subdomains plunged sad

No big changes for me, Izzy.  My traffic is slowly rising but it is the time of year for my main niche to get more traffic anyway.  I'm back to almost triple what is was when my asp got sandboxed!  smile

Yesterday was my best Google Adsense day since my 2 day spike back to normalcy in December. 

2. paradigmsearch profile image59
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'd leave it be. Every 6 months the whole situation changes anyway; who knows what the next iteration will be; it could even be something positive. Deleting the capsules is sufficient for your purposes for now I think. Or not. smile

I will remove all of the capsules--a pain in the asp--but perhaps leave the code alone for now.  I have no hopes this program will be of any use to me in the future unless they start paying a commission on the sales.  It's too easy for the present program to be manipulated by those controlling the shots, as well as the money.  We all know how money tends to slip between the cracks and disappear from time to time.  Especially if there is no way to count it before it's dropped.  yikes

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)