Why I am going to Hell

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even.

I forgot to put the wife out in the woods last month...

Oh well.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had a BLT for lunch... and I once grabbed a guy's junk and twisted when he threatened my ex-husband.

Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure junk twisting is forbidden.

Actually it's strangely specifically forbidden

Deuteronomy 25:11

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.
            Cross references:Deuteronomy 25:12 : S Dt 7:2

Actually, I'm not totally against this rule.

I wouldn't start a fight with my husband then... I would hate you to have guilt over sending me to hell wink

2. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We invented tampax. I could get a little more specific, but, It's not a good time of the month. PMS didn't just pop up recently, and people used to live in very close quarters.

And now you are going to hell for posting that knowing that I had recently eaten a BLT.

3. Druid Dude profile image60

Native Americans used to do the same thing...I don't see you using any Native quotes. The fact is, every culture had ways of dealing with the menstrual cycle which were quite similar. Sorry I had to point this out.

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What Native quotes could he have used?

1. Druid Dude profile image60

Tricky, huh. The Japs had the same problem during WWII. No written language, but enough is known about their culture to be able to determine that they quarantined their women in the fashion of the Israelites. Chances are, women insisted on it, and the men were only complying. Not sure what point the forum was making.

It's in the sandpit... it doesn't have to have a point. I think it might have been for piss and giggles.

BTW... I am going to hell because earlier today I had a mental image of Cagsil flogging me with a wet rope... It was before the BLT.

1. Cagsil profile image71
              Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

At first I thought you were going to say something about the mental image of my post in this thread, never mind, the other thread. lol

2. Ron Montgomery profile image60

The Japs?

They couldn't decipher Navajo, the 'code' America was using. No references, no alphabet. Most native 'quotes' that have been recorded, had nothing to do with female cycles, that is why asking for a native quote about menstruation, which is what the Bible quote was about, which you seem to insist on ridiculing at every whipstitch, and so my asking for a comparative quote, knowing full well that there are none, was a bit tricky, if not deceptive on my part. I just wanted to see if I could raise Google stock by sending people looking for quotes they'll never find.

Who or what are "the Japs"?

2. Druid Dude profile image60

Excuse me. The Japanese. Should I get get upset if someone calls me a New Yorker? Is Jap considered a derogatory term? Then what is 'Brit'?

At least I didn't call 'em Nips!

3. wavegirl22 profile image48
            wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sandpit no sandpit  . .this is one comparison I would seriously like to understand.

It helps if you first understand why it's OK to refer to people as "Japs".

1. wavegirl22 profile image48

well when I was in high school some may have referred to me as a JAP. . . and it is not because I had anything to do with Japan.

wink

Yes, your highness...

I knew you would 'get it'

4. Cagsil profile image71

I'm sure the bear in the woods was very disappointed Ron. tongue

5. wavegirl22 profile image48

Are we allowed to make silly comments here, or am I still on refrain?

Please, lay some silly on me....

I got nuttin now . .. .after you shut me down yesterday I have been brooding around. .. maybe it will come back. All I got now is Peyton went from #2 to #50 on the top100 list. Where will Eli land is all I can think about now.

I would never shut you down...

2. Cagsil profile image71

Hey Wavegirl, this is in the Sandpit. So, what do you think? tongue

I think I do better in the sports forum . .too sandy in here. wink

1. Cagsil profile image71

Well, it was nice to see you anyways. smile Hope you're well. smile big_smile

2. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 11 years ago

Sombreros are a sacrilege.

http://yourhealthbuddy.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/sunshine-funny.jpg

Well then, I guess I should prepare myself...

3. Darkproxy profile image58
    Darkproxyposted 11 years ago

I'm going to hell for writing revenge of the christ, jesus goes rambo on Santa and the easterbunny

How so?

4. timorous profile image81
    timorousposted 11 years ago

I may be going to hell for ripping that tag off the inside of my couch...you know, the one about not removing this tag, and something about new material only. Just sayin'...

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, there's probably a bible verse prohibiting it. yikes

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

5. CMHypno profile image84
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

Having been raised a Catholic and going to a convent school, you really can't avoid going to hell.  Not having been to mass in more years than I can remember and nor having been to confession automatically buys me a one way non-refundable ticket.

At school we weren't allowed to wear patent leather shoes in case they reflected our underwear, could only sit on a boy's knee if you put a telephone directory on the said knee first and if the lights were put out at a party we were told to jump on a table and shout 'I am a good Catholic girl and I am not coming down until the lights go back on'.  Needless to say the last one became our favourite party game!

But I have to say that 7 days a month out in a little spa retreat in the woods with a pool, steam room and masseur sounds really nice - should be mandatory and paid for by the government lol

Nice to see you back Randy!

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HA!  You oughtta try a Southern Baptist upbringing, Cynthia.  Yep, my four weeks are up.  Thinking about having a raffle for the next time I get banned.  Day and time.  First prize would be my entire EBay earnings for a year!  lol

Thanks for the welcome back.  They even gave me back my 3 accolades they took when I was banned.  Big whoop!  smile    Earnings stink lately, how bout you? smile

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)