Criminology and Forensic Science in India
An Interesting Hubber Question
Professional and Educational Conferences
Searching the Internet for information about degree programs in Criminology and Forensic Science is difficult, because first search results yield only a list of blogs that contain partial information that is not helpful. A different type of search is necessary.
If one is residing in India, then a yearly conference regarding criminology is a good place to start looking for professionals and educators in the field. This is the All India Criminology Conference combined with the International Criminology Conference of the Indian Society of Criminology.This large conference is held annually. The 2009 edition was held at the University of Kashmir in October 2009 with the theme of Criminal Justice System: Challenges and Future Agenda.
The University of Kashmir, then, is a good place to start looking for help in crafting an educational background, internship, and career in Criminology in India.
A recent conference looked at the following topics under its theme:
- Criminal Justice System: Formal and Informal Practices
- Women Empowerment: Role of National Commission for Women and State Commission for Women
- Criminal Justice System: Towards Social Classes and Territorial Perspectives: Privileged and Underprivileged; Urban and Rural Crimes, and Adult and Youth Crimes
- Prison Management : Recent Trends
- Developmental Processes: Role of the Criminal Justice Administration
- Research and Development: Criminological Sectors
- White Collar Crime with special emphasis on: Corporate Crimes and Cyber Crimes
University of Kashmir
While the University of Kashmir offers an array of degrees and training opportunities to potential students, Criminology and Forensics so not appear as dedicated degree programs in their listings.
Coursework for Criminology at this school is found clustered under Social Sciences. However, we have been unable to find any courses labeled as for Forensics or Forensic Sciences at all.
Contact the University and ask for help in designing your study program:
- The University of Kashmir, Hazratbal, Srinagar-190006, J&K, India
- Telephone: Country Code : +91; Area Code : 0194; Exchange: 2420078, 2420405, 2420570, 2421346, 2424152, 2429870
Contact the Chief Coordinator's Office for additional help:
- Email Id : email@example.com
- Telephone : Country + Area Code: +91-194; Exchange: 2420078, 2420405, 2420570, 2420571 2421346, 2423276, 2424152
Ext : 2600
Location of the University of Kasmir
Comprehensive Online Course Listings
All About Forensic Science lists a number of relevant educational insitutions in India, along with links to their websites.
This site lists contact information and brief descriptions for the following schools, along with additional links to professional websites:
- Amity Institute of Behavioural Health and Applied Sciences, Noida
- Asian School of Cyber Laws
- Bundelkhand University,
- Jhansi University of Delhi
- Dr. Harisingh Gour University, Sagar
- Gujarat Forensic Sciences University
- Gujarat University
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science (NICFS)
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University
- Punjabi University, Patiala
- Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences
- St.Xavier's College Mumbai
- The Jitendra Chauhan College of Law - Vile parle, Mumbai
A Few of the Universities
Links to Forensic Fields and Professionals
- Forensic Accounting in India
- ForensicsGuru :: Computer Forensic Solutions for India
- IFS Education
This particular site provides a comprehensive curriculum of online Forensics courses for distance learning. This may be an option for you.
Top 10 Law Firms in India
As listed by LexisNexis from Martindale.com:
- FoxMandal Little
- Kochhar & Co.
- Mulla & Mulla & Craigie Blunt & Caroe
- Desai & Diwanji
- Anand and Anand Advocates
- International Law Affiliates and Pasrich & Company
- Remfry & Sagar
- Singhania & Partners
- Kini, M. V
- Khaitan & Partners 8 28
Go this link: Top 10 Visible Law Firms, and click on each law firm for contact information, Speaking with someone at the top law firms in India should net you some information about where to go to study.
Also consider calling the Indian Police Service and asking their advise:
Ministry of Home Affairs, North Block
New Delhi - 110 001
Phone: 23092011, 23092161
Of Additional Interest:
- Careers in Criminology - A Top Career for 2010 - 202...
If you watch CSI and CSI-Miama on television, you are watching criminology at work. Criminology is an important science in the field of sociology that can help prevent future crimes and help prisons to become rehabilitative.
- Best Well Paid Careers: Top 15 Criminology and Legal...
The New York Police Department has instituted a long-term internship program the trains college men and women in cadet training before they graduate from school and enter the police academy. In addition, the department has a variety of other position
- Education For Preventing Crime: San Francisco Second Chance for Bank Robbers
Are charter schools Good, Great, or Phenomenal? For over a decade, I wrote and delivered curricula for High School and GED students, but never saw anything like the fantastic programs on Treasure Island.
- How Television Shows Have Advanced the Work Of Crimi...
Among the dozens of television shows that entertain or bore the American public, or which help them wile away time, a few have important meaning. Two in particular in the 20th Century advanced the development and success of forensics in modern day Am
- Lost Truth - The Kitty Genovese Murder Case and Cont...
I was fortunate enough to learn about The Kitty Genovese Murder from Professor Simon Dinitz, a top student and colleague of a Founder of American Criminology - Walter Reckless. Read about some of the accumulated and little-known evidence here.
More by this Author
Divorce statistics are changing worldwide. The rate of divorce in America is decreasing rather quickly, but that of Japan has continued to increase gradually since 1988.
Even though the carved cedar pole and potlatch were illegal for many years until 1951, their meanings in a cultural context were never lost. The lineage of the Master Carvers preserved them.
Science fiction as a discipline has told us for decades that we can make replacement parts for human beings. In the 2010s, we began to accomplish this by 3D printing biological materials.