Is the Conscious/SubConscious Evolved or Divine?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

-Which one is it? Evolved or divine? Why? Do you have a theory or idea to explain?

1. dutchman1951 profile image59
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Psychological Thought is learned behavior, whats around you, parents, friends, and even church if you re exposed to it. Personal beliefs from experiences, what your taught, what you see as normal. 

Evolution implies Physical development over time, not the same I believe.

Devine implies spirit given, and human development is a fact. Now, Who made the First Human? Put inside him or her a concience? That is not known, despite all claims to it.

By Faith I choose God, others do not, we are both entitled to our beliefs. Wrong or wright is un-proven, and just an endless argument.

A void of no-where. A waist of time. Read the Philosopher Pascal, he took a life time to ponder and study this very thing. Came to a draw at the end.

Jon

2. repstrydiefly profile image65
    repstrydieflyposted 14 years ago

I can't tell you if anything is divine because there is no way to prove that, so I'm not going to argue on that side of the spectrum, but I can tell you how the human mind has definitely evolved since the beginning of humans. Just look how far we came since neanderthals. Egyptians used what they had (stones) to make the pyramids to the technology of the world increasing with more ideas for technology and science in a range of 100 years than there has been ever before that in history. So that's my aspect on how much the mind has evolved.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I see the point your making and I agree. We have much accumulated knowledge compared to our beginnings. How do we know that their conscious didn't operate the same as ours does today? I agree with our accumulation of technology. Have we accumulated conscsious thoughts as well or were they always there?

1. repstrydiefly profile image65
        repstrydieflyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

good question I would imagine that they were already there since human existence, but definately increased over time, but it also depends on the person and how they use their mind to their advantage. Everybody has different traits.

3. Sybil Marie profile image61
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

Hey Marine! how you doing this evening? smile
    Our brains are such complex computers it is hard to imagine that they came to be by chance. To me it's the same as say taking all the pieces to make a watch, put them all in a bag, shake it and out will come a watch.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interest theory?

2. marinealways24 profile image60

Hello Sybil, I agree. So why are we the only animals separated by mind? What about those of us that don't choose to use our minds?

1. Sybil Marie profile image61
        Sybil Marieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

By mind do you mean by self awareness? Even a lower animals mind is extremely complex. Just look at the great apes.
        As far as using our minds I think that everyone does the best they can with what they have.

Yes that and our ability to learn and teach passing our information from generation to generation. The best they can with what they have meaning some minds are favored over others? Why are some minds elite to others? Is it education, how they were raised? Why are some born with genius ability when some are born disadvantaged?

Sorry about the delayed reply..., Really that is a tough question to answer, it's the old nature vs. nurture question.
            I'm not sure one mind is favored over another,each one is different from another. I work with kids on the autistic spectrum and I have learned some profound lessons from my kids..so are their minds disabled or do they just think differently.

One thing I learned during my research was that "autistic" children use more of the "right-side" of their brain, approximately 50-80% of the time.

The associate things according to pictures. It's one reason why they are great at puzzles. They can see the entire picture and with work, decode the puzzle.

Their mind's IQ level is ranked really lower, but their ability is quite remarkable.

2. marinealways24 profile image60

I'm glad you mentioned that. Do you believe that minds weak in one area always make up in other areas?

I think that all people have strengths. My most sever child can light up someone elses day just by a smile or a look. I think that each person has a unique purpose. Sometimes it is just teaching someone else to love. But does that makeupfor the shortcomings,I guess that would be very subjective

2. Cagsil profile image70

Any individual who has a belief in "GOD" isn't using their awareness the way they were intended to.

They let themselves be fooled, controlled and manipulated, and at the hands of people who already know better.

How pathetic is that?

Religion doctrines are detrimental to life. Always have been and forever will be, until the hoax is revealed for what it truly is....just a hoax.

4. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Is the Conscious/SubConscious Evolved or Divine?

I agree with a couple of other people who have responded.

Evolved!

There is NO divine power, either on Earth, above Earth or anywhere else in the Universe, that we know of, as of yet.

Since, no proof, we are forced to understand that evolution had to take place.

How ever, since people like to try to shake the foundational base for Evolution, I offer up some of my research notes as a helpful reminder that we are alone in our universe.

What I'm about to share, I really shouldn't share, because of my oath to those who helped with my research.

I was told most people wouldn't believe it anyways, because they truly don't understand how we evolved from "animals", which is what we were FIRST before Consciousness took hold, and relegated us to conscious humans, fully aware our ability to form thoughts, make decisions, know right from wrong and take actions others never thought possible.

To get the best idea about our minds, we can go back as far as 10000 B.C. and when humans were already alive(unknowingly-no consciousness) we were guided just like anything else.

We wondered around looking for food, sexual partners, drink(liquids) and consumed them based on nature. Now, these types of human animals had no consciousness about them, so they simply survived based on reactionary responses received from the right-side of our two-chamber brain. Each time a human animal was required to do something, they would receive a picture in their head of what the item was and because of previous messages, they seeked out what was in the picture.

They didn't rationalize anything, because they couldn't think for themselves. They only repetitively tooks the same actions they were use to doing.

Later on, around the time of "Jesus Christ" from religious text, came to be, there were millions, upon millions of people, who were still not conscious of their own existence.

Unfortunately, due to religious/spiritual leaders of Jesus' time, many humans who didn't have consciousness, were turned into slaves, chained up and man-handled by those in power.

The problem here is- Jesus Christ saw the atrocities of the times and came to a self-realization that those with power were abusing humans who didn't even have names and those that did(if not rich) were still made slaves.

So, He started to teach "Enlightenment", in other words- Consciousness, to those he knew were not aware of their own existence.

As he started, the primitive language, which was developed at that time, began with what we now know as the "metaphor", which EXPLODED human consciousness/awareness, just simply because the words "me and I" were established, so a person would be able to differentiate themselves from others.

Upon teaching his followers- he was threatened by the religious/spiritual leaders, to preach religion, as it was based or suffer the consequences.

You can see how that played out for Jesus Christ.

Once, he began teaching, he helped them to speak, read and become one's own boss. The helping of the "metaphor", acted like an atomic bomb, inside people's mind- all of sudden BAM!

His followers broke through what he called "enlightenment", which was a code word for consciousness(because he was not to teach anything other than what religion text already had).

He told all his followers- come out of the darkness(stop being guided by nature) and step into the light of Heaven(which had two different codes included- into the light(consciousness) of Heaven(Earth), so they could be able to self-guide and were not required to be guided by any other source.

It is the primary reason and purpose of the all known, all powerful statement- "worship no false idols". That meant, to NOT listen to the religious/spiritual leaders or anyone else for that fact about any "god" other than him.

He considered himself a "GOD" because he came to the self-realization that the religious/spiritual leaders of that time, who were using "false" idols, to accumulate more power and maintain their control over people.

He didn't like that, and when the leaders found out what he was teaching- they had him executed.

Evolution exists- it's our minds unlimited potential to grow.

Divine: doesn't exist when viewed under a microscope.

I hope this helped and I hope none of my sources, ever see this.

Thanks for the question and the phraseology you used.

Have a nice day.

Um, alright. So if we are on the same evolutionary time scale as humans, why are we individual from one another? Why are we the only animals to make our own path when other animals follow a path?

And, why did we begin walking on 2 legs? Did jesus teach that as well?

5. Cagsil profile image70

Come on Marine,

Up to this point, I was giving you more credit(for having a brain) than you deserve? I guess.

Here is what you just said:

Um, alright. So if we are on the same evolutionary time scale as humans, why are we individual from one another? Why are we the only animals to make our own path when other animals follow a path?

Why are we individual from one another? This I thought would be obvious- HUMAN CONSCIOUSNESS- you can make your own decisions without guidance, which many do, therefore the difference in each person.

Why are we the only animals to make our own path when other animals follow a path? Because, we are NOT animals. Another thing I would thought you would have come up with on your own.

We are superior to ALL other life-forms in existence, because of our evolved sense of self-awareness.

NO animal can think for itself. It must be guided by nature. Which I also figure you would know, especially if you want to school for even a short period of time.l

What's wrong? Don't agree that the human race is superior to anything, because you're told we are not by religion?

Religion is a hoax. It is just a way for people with power, wealth can control individuals on a one-on-one basis, without having to use force.

If religion was reduced to using force to make you believe....you would more than likely revolt, but since you have a human consciousness, they let you decide for yourself.

Again, religion isn't supported by any real facts, so why believe?

And, just to let you, I wasn't trying to slam...but it would help if you did use your own consciousness to guide your questions....because if you were in FULL control of your consciousness....you would have already known the answers to the questions you presented.

I apologize, if I have offended you, but I've always been a blunt person, who believes in TRUTH over anything else.

lol We are animals. Our shared DNA confirms this. Why don't other animals make conscious decisions when we do? Why is our conscious different from each other?

If we are superior/smarter than all other animals, why are we the only animals that have wars? I thought your genius mind would have already thought about that one.

"What's wrong? Don't agree that the human race is superior to anything, because you're told we are not by religion?"

How ignorant can you be to believe in evolution and say this? Religion says the exact opposite. Religion is the one that preaches humans are superior to other animals. I figured you would have known this already. Keep up with your ignorant assumptions.

Because I mention divine, Your genius mind jumps to conclusions that I am a religionist. Keep guessing assumptive one. lol

I figured you would have recognized your conscious and self awareness to not make ignorant assumptions.

Practice what you preach.

Really?

Where in any religious text does it tell you that you are better than animals? You're always told you are NO better than animals, because those who don't believe are sinners.

You've been so abused through religion, you're stunted from thinking about almost anything rational.

Secondly, why are we superior? We have a MUCH LARGER brain and with that we have more capacity.

Yes, we only use a small portion of our brains, but look at the upside- we can only improve.

lol

Divine? Look up the word genius....isn't related to religion, because it's no where else.

Why? Because it simply doesn't exist.

More ignorant assumptions

You clearly don't practice what you preach. You are no different than a phoney preacher mentioning belief in jesus in absolute terms. Are you reincarnated from biblical days? Were you there at the beginning on consciousness? lol

You are a religionist preacher with your ignorant assumptions. Learn self awareness. You clearly have none. Learn intelligence also. You have none of that shown by your ignorant assumptions.

What religion am I in ignorant one? What is my belief ignorant one? You are on a ball with the assumptions, keep going. lol

Why are we the only animals to have wars? I see you skipped around that one. lol

6. Cagsil profile image70

Hey Marine,

To answer you question that mixed into your last post, about why do we have wars?

Power, wealth, greed and stupidity.

Why else? There is absolutely no other reason for a War to happen.

Then why do we have a conscious if we don't need it or use it? Some wars are to save lives. If taliban is blowing people up, you have to blow them up first.

Why do we have a conscious? You mean consciousness?

I just want to clarify, because there is a difference between your consciousness and your conscience.

You have your consciousness so you can tell you're alive, make decisions and then live however you choose.

Your conscience is your moral/immoral indicator, which tells you whether or not, you are doing right or wrong.

As for the Taliban is blowing people up, you have to blow them up first?

Stop just for a second and think about WHY? Talibans is blowing up people. Because of their "religious" belief and they don't agree with Americans who think for themselves.

That part I find sad.

7. Sybil Marie profile image61
    Sybil Marieposted 14 years ago

"One thing I learned during my research was that "autistic" children use more of the "right-side" of their brain, approximately 50-80% of the time.

The associate things according to pictures. It's one reason why they are great at puzzles. They can see the entire picture and with work, decode the puzzle.

Their mind's IQ level is ranked really lower, but their ability is quite remarkable."
    Interesting, I wonder, how many children on the spectrum you know? Because some children actually have extremely high I.Q.
    They don't all "Think in pictures" and though some children are extremely good with visual stimuli, some do not enjoy puzzles at all. In other words they are as individule as you or I.

You're right.

Not all autistic children see in picture. And, I didn't say ALL do it.

Autistic children use the right-side of their brain than they do the left-side(reasoning, rationale and comprehension).

Each child is going to be different, because they are different people.

8. Cagsil profile image70

Thank you jon

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)