jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Tell me about Nikola Tesla..

1. Rishy Rich profile image80
    Rishy Richposted 6 years ago

Do you knw him? Do you like like?...

1. Haunty profile image85
      Hauntyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"Tesla allowed himself few close friends, although one was humorist and author, Mark Twain. However, when he died in New York City on January 7, 1943, hundreds of admirers attended his funeral services, mourning the loss of a great genius." -denzio

"Tesla was the first to harness the power of Niagara Falls into a hydroelectric power plant, constructed a bath designed to cleanse the human body of germs using nothing but electricity, and created a 130 foot long bolt of lightning from one of his massive coils(which still remains the worlds record for man made lightning)." -pan1974

"Any industry that uses technology that runs off electricity has Tesla to thank for making it economically efficient for them to do so." -TLahlou4

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A true genius he was hopeless with finance and allowed himself to be robbed by his friend and hoodwinked at the same time. He designed a set of sky based transmitters and ground receivers with the dream of free electricity for the whole planet, but got conned out of it.

1. marcofratelli profile image82
          marcofratelliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah! I knew about him along those same lines as you Earnest! I heard about his dream of free electricity but he was shot down because it would have ruined a whole industry thriving off selling power (or something like that). Fascinating.

Mind you, I heard about him in the same breath as a time travelling machine and a device that has the ability to silence a human or make him/her unable to speak if they are about to reveal certain government secrets - big brother is watching us no matter where we are!

2. wychic profile image78
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I didn't know him, he was a little bit before my time wink.

On a more serious note...in summary, Tesla is, by all accounts, the rightful holder of the title "father of modern electrical engineering." In many respects, the world as we know it today would not have been possible without his influence. He is also said to be the first to realize the potential of alternating current.