jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

retirement home or at your house?

1. DeathStroke profile image59
    DeathStrokeposted 6 years ago

You know life is always in the fast lane, it never slows down so if you had a choice to choose if you wanted to put your mother in a retirement home or keep her at your house which would you choose and why?

1. Freegoldman profile image61
      Freegoldmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I shall opt to keep my mom with me becz i cant miss the oppurtunity of looking after my parents...

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I've already given my word to my mother, letting her know she will never see the inside of a retirement home(nursing home), under any circumstances.

It's just not an option. As she has worked for one for over 30+ and seen what happens to the people who are put into one and how the family leaves them alone to die, she doesn't want it to happen to her.

I agree with her. wink

DeathStrokeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

my mother has did the same I asked this because it is something to question I would never think of putting my mother in one but I'd like for someone to comment on this saying why they would put theirs in a home.

3. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 6 years ago

There's no way I would ever let my mom go into a home.  She looked after me for years, it is only right that when the time comes, I should do the same.

DeathStrokeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I really like that train of thought you got going there.

working