jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Obesity in young children.

1. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago

There are parents that give their kids anything they want to eat.  I'm not talking about teenagers, I'm talking about feeding their toddlers.  They give them fried chicken, doughnuts, candy, soda, and anything else they want.  This has proven to create serious health issues for the kids.

Should these parents be allowed to keep their kids?

Should they spend time in jail for child endangerment?

What should happen to them and their kids?

These kinds of parents disgust me.  They obviously don't care about their kids when they do this.  They also defend overfeeding them.

What the hell is wrong with these people?

1. Obscure_Treasures profile image60
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I appreciate your concern....its really bad how parents feed the young ones Obesity in young children.bt sometimes circumstances creates such conditions where a parent might be forced to do so....

1. Daffy Duck profile image61
        Daffy Duckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Actually I'm not talking about not havbing a choice on what to feed them.  What I'm saying is that some parents actually feed them anything they want and in the quantities they want.  The parents I'm talking about that do this aren't forced to do it, they do it because the kids simply want it.

When I say obesity here I'm talking about toddlers being 20, 30, 40 pounds overweight and more.  Some are on record as weighing 80 pounds--toddlers not kids in the 3rd or 4th grade.  Not the average kid that is overweight, but the ones that are extremely grossly obese.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

It seems to me that typically the people that feed their kids these things on a regular basis are the ones that eat it themselves.

You are asking that they change a diet that they enjoy and value more than their health.  If it is more important to them than health why would they want to deprive their children of the same wonderful diet plan?