jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Are others ignorant? or is it just me being ignorant?

1. ylime120 profile image62
    ylime120posted 4 years ago

Hello oxymoron!

The past few days it seems that I have been dealing with just flat out ignorant people! You know the type, unable to understand what you are trying to explain, or just not trying. Is it their ignorance that is getting to me?  Or could it be that my own ignorance is shining through?

1. Disturbia profile image61
      Disturbiaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's hard to say.  It could be your ignorance, since you seem unable to convey your message in a way that is understandable to others.  Or it could be them.  Since you don't state just exactly what it is you're trying to say that is not being understood, I'm inclined to believe it might just be you, because I'm not understanding you either.  LOL lol  Am I making myself understood?

ylime120posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Kinda! Makes about as muh sense a what I wrote!!! Sometimes I'm just not good with words smile

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Every human is ignorant in some aspect. It's unavoidable because to be not ignorant about something is to know what that something is thoroughly.

ylime120posted 4 years ago in reply to this

So I just need to surround myself with people who have the same interests as I do? Then become a hermit and only interact with those people, losing (in my opinion) those ignorant people? I'd love that actually big_smile

1. Cagsil profile image61
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No. You have to understand that people are ignorant to a point. Just because they don't have the same interests as you do, doesn't mean they are ignorant in those interests. They could have learned about them, but prefer to just have the knowledge and nothing else.
        A hermit? No.

working