jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Kurt Russell is set to play Ego in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

1. Stevennix2001 profile image84
    Stevennix2001posted 3 weeks ago

For months now, there's been speculation as to who Kurt Russell would be playing in the next "Guardians of the Galaxy" film, and now it's official.  According to multiple sources, Kurt is set to play Ego the living planet.  Yes, you read right.  Ego is a giant freaking planet with a face, and who's HELLO alive.  Yes, complete with a face and everything.  If you can imagine a giant talking planet with a face, then you should know who Ego is. 

Anyways, according to Collider, James Gunn wants Ego to be Starlord's dad in the new movie coming out next year.  As to how his human mother could conceive a child of a freaking talking planet, it's explained that supposedly Ego also has a human form where he can interact with humans if he chooses wink wink, so that's basically it right there.  Not sure how often he'll be in humanoid form versus his full planet form...if he takes on his planet form at all.  But what are your thoughts on this?

Do you think deviating from the comic source material to make Starlord's dad a f**king talking planet a good idea? Or downright stupid?  Please discuss. 

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13279299.jpg

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
      Castlepalomaposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Being a comedy si-fi super mutants, why not a talking Planets?

Stevennix2001posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

eh at this point, I'm convinced that Marvel Studios and Disney could easily make a film about Stan Lee taking a dump on the toilet, and it would still make them money.  Seriously, can marvel ever just a make flop at this point?  Not rooting for them to, but just asking because I don't see them slowing down anytime soon, at the rate they're going.

1. Castlepaloma profile image22
          Castlepalomaposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Marvel studios hero comics, is biggest selling movies series of all time.

2. Live to Learn profile image82
    Live to Learnposted 3 weeks ago

If it makes for great entertainment I say go for it. I never read the comic but adored the first movie.

Stevennix2001posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

same here.  Rocket Raccoon is now one of my favorite Marvel characters; second to only Spider-Man of course.  smile 

Although still, I'm kind of curious to see what Ego's planet form is going to look like if he's even in that form at all.  Personally, my money is on that Kurt will most likely be in human form throughout most of the film anyway.  I could be wrong, but that's just a hunch.

working