jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

With Autumn nearly upon us, what was everyone's favorite 2014 summer flick?

1. Movie Arbiter profile image77
    Movie Arbiterposted 3 years ago

With Autumn nearly upon us, what was everyone's favorite 2014 summer flick?

Given the wide range of movies that I've seen this summer, there's really no contest. Guardians of the Galaxy swept it as far as I'm concerned and even warranted a second sitting from yours truly.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9248987_f260.jpg

2. Research Analyst profile image82
    Research Analystposted 3 years ago

My Favorite Movie this summer was Guardians of the Galaxy.

3. Titen-Sxull profile image87
    Titen-Sxullposted 3 years ago

It is difficult to choose between Guardians of the Galaxy and Godzilla both of which played hard to my inner child and both of which were excellent. In the end though I would have to choose Guardians, not only was it well-written and clever but it was so much fun, a true popcorn film in the best way possible and an easy contender for the best movie in the MCU thus far.

Movie Arbiterposted 3 years agoin reply to this

It was definitely a nice welcome back for the King of the Monsters.

4. JMcFarland profile image87
    JMcFarlandposted 3 years ago

I agree - Guardians of the Galaxy was one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time.

5. Movie Arbiter profile image77
    Movie Arbiterposted 3 years ago

Whoever did casting, deserves a bonus! Combine this with an excellent story, which is the perfect blend of comedy and action (I can't recall any recent movie that's on par). Not only the number one summer movie, but the best Marvel movie yet.

1. JMcFarland profile image87
      JMcFarlandposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I would agree that it tops marvel charts as well.

6. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

I'd have to go with X-Men: Days of Future Past. Haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet.

Movie Arbiterposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Also loved X-men and it was definitely a contender. The film single handedly fixed some of the unsatisfactory directions that I think Last Stand took. If you liked X-men, you should check out Guardians before it leaves the big screen.

working