Susan Boyle on America's Got Talent!

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Wow, she was absolutely amazing!!!!!!! She has come a long way. Glad to see her doing well.

1. profile image55
      khoustelloposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you serious?Amazing?Kindly keep her!Stop her at your airport-give her citizenship-but please keep her.

1. Colebabie profile image61
        Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do you have a thing against talented people?

2. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

I think she's amazing too, Michael. I missed her on AGT, but managed to see clips of her singing on the news.

1. leeyosmooth profile image57
      leeyosmoothposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have such a cute doggie! I think she is amazing also. I missed her too but I went to the network and watched it there. Perhaps you could also.

3. profile image47
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

It's all down to looks Cole, ok so she's a bit of rough but she cud still sing ya a sweet melody. Personally not my thing, more of a Lily Allen fan !

So are we not supposed to like someone based on their looks?

1. profile image47
        BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not moi Cole but on most talent shows that Simon Cowell is on his little eyes light up when a slim hot bit of stuff walks on stage. Thing is its mainly on the female scene, like Girls Aloud, The Sugababes, Lady Ga Ga, now can you see Susan Boyle in that list.

Men are shallow, we always will be. We look at the body first then listen to the voice, I am honest enough to admit it !

But I am a big Lou Reed fan, I love the Rolling Stones, and Amy Winehouse who has been well beaten with the ugly stick. Tis human nature, you know it !

4. profile image47
    PirateGirlposted 14 years ago

Well Simon Cowell is a fake, false teeth and he can't even find the right place to wear his belt. I think Susan is a lovely girl.

5. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Yeah of course, its hard to not react when you see something you like/don't like. I would be happy if Susan Boyle came to live here smile

1. profile image47

Ok Cole and be honest, what first attracted you to your b/f ?

How sweet he is.
        We knew each other for four years before we started dating. Is he attractive? Hell yes! But in this particular case, that wasn't the thing that made me want to date him. If that was the case we would have started dating 4 years earlier. But I get your point.

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I loved her performance, thought the song choice was perfect.
    it's nice to see dreams come true for people, especially when they have such talent. bravo, bravo, SB.

yes, and most men are shallow~~ most, not all. big_smile
    look a little deeper guys~

1. profile image47

I can't help it, I am shallow !

7. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

I think she has an amazing voice!! Loved her singing Wild Horses!

1. profile image47

As a massive Rolling Stones fan that nearly made me chuck my tv out the window !

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
        I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, of course she is not the Rolling Stones, yet I have appreciation when one can perform a remake well... such as, yer Captain sparrow act! (and yer not Johnny Depp smile)

1. profile image47

Ahhh but my friend we have seen both the Stones and Susan Boyle you have not seem me. Check out Twitter and note all the top celebs use the internet. Prove I am not actually the real Johnny Depp, can you ?

I highly doubt, Johnny would be taking as much interest in HP! You are a great character yourself, yet not Johnny! big_smile

1. profile image47

Depp does actually spend a lot of time on the net as do a load of top stars, don't underestimate HP it is ranked now about 290 in the World !

Ok Mr. Depp, where did you go to high school?

1. profile image47

Smartass !

2. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61

OHHHHH, please do not assume that I underestimate HP!! Def. NOT!! You are NOT Johnny Depp! For sure!! I like you for who you are...not what you look like, eh! smile

1. profile image47

Are you saying my profile pic is of a minger, I am gutted smile

LOL..... big_smile  Stop it !! ya know, yer just NOT Johnny!

8. profile image47
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Susan Boyle lost respect here with her outburst after losing in the Final, f@@king and blinding like a mad person. All I can ask is would you put yer hand in yer pocket and pay £10 for her album, NO !

9. profile image47
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Is he attractive, Hell Yeah...........See not just a yes but a Hell Yeah, I rest my case, you females are just as shallow !

It isn't shallow to think the person you love is attractive. Shallow is when you wouldn't consider dating a person unless they were.

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very good point! Its a good thing I'm pretty

2. profile image47

But the fact is you are dating a " Hell Yeah " attractive guy and not the little nerd down the street !

I kinda have dated the nerd down the street. Computers major, BIG Star Wars fan. Always wore band shirts. And what makes you think nerds are unattractive?

Usually we date/marry people on our level of "attractiveness" (whatever that may be), that has to do with our level of confidence and self esteem. Would I go up to Brad Pitt and expect him to ask me out? No, he has Angelina.

1. profile image0
            A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Angelina? I am sure you are better looking! I know I am

10. profile image47
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

See look back Cole I just said the nerd down the street, I didnt say he was not attractive, you assumed that all on your own. Now ask why do you think nerds are unattractive ?

"But the fact is you are dating a " Hell Yeah " attractive guy and not the little nerd down the street!"
      You are ____ and not ____. That usually insinuates opposites. But you're right, I suppose I made an assumption. But like I said, I dated a "nerd" and to me he was attractive. I have never dated a guy I thought was ugly. I've found something attractive in all my boyfriends. Point being, is being attracted to the other person important, of course it is. But judging someone just based on their looks is not. Hence Susan Boyle.

1. profile image47

I just don't like her and its not based on her looks, her personality stinks and as I said she has one nasty foulmouth and as for looks, without the personality to back it up looks are just wasted. Myself, I go for personality with red hair and a half decent pulse who likes soccer !

Or a brunette who likes the beach! wink

1. profile image47

I like you for being you Cole, always have, the fact yer hot as hell is a bonus smile

11. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image61
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

Badco, you are trying to split hairs, ya silly twat! big_smile

1. profile image47

I could give a rude reply to that smile

Thanks for being kind...I only stay when things are nice! smile

12. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I agree with you on that BC, if the personality stinks it doesn't matter what you look like.

13. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

her voice just melted my heart the first time i saw her sing. it was like angels...

1. profile image47

It had a relgious effect on me too , when she finished I went " Thank God For That !"

2. leeyosmooth profile image57
      leeyosmoothposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I totally agree with you, cosette. She has a beautiful voice. I hope she goes far with her talent. I admit I was bit shocked when she opened her mouth the first time to sing. I am very ashamed of that too.

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

It's the voice folks! I had not heard her sing "Wild horses" until today.
    It had the same effect as last time I heard her sing.
    Her notes bought me to tears.
    A wonderful, rare and crystal clear sound. Beautiful again! smile

15. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Her rendition really impressed, it was a good choice and she did it very well.  She has the ability to bring a space to what she is singing, not everyone has presence behind their voice.

This woman will stay high in the minds of many based on the fact she is doing what so many would like to do.  She had the guts, she got a chance and she went for it.  I'm pretty sure this is a major reason why she is admired.  Just so happens she has a great voice to go with her bravery.

16. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Her voice is truly amazing. She sings with a real passion. So sad that alot of people will only see the physical appearance. The outward look does not make a great singer.

17. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Every time she does a song, it sets a new standard for delivery. As Michael Willis said, she sings with a real passion. smile

1. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I would love to hear her sing at a place known for its sound, like the Opra House in Sydney, or the Met in Chicago. I would bet she'd bring the house down.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)