jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Does music enhance the value of an otherwise mediocre movie?

1. thirdmillenium profile image73
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

Can't think of any off-hand but you know what I mean

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

the film score makes many movies worth watching, or enhances the movie so much that we say we love the movie ~~ when what we really loved was how the music made us feel watching the movie.

my absolute favorite composer is Hans Zimmer, he makes movies come alive and live forever in your head.

2. 0
    Millionheirposted 6 years ago

For sure I believe music does...music sets the mood for the audience to become more engaged in the movie.

1. sannyasinman profile image83
      sannyasinmanposted 6 years ago

If there's music in the movie, it had better be good otherwise it can bring down the whole thing.
      BUT a bad film can't be enhanced by good music. If the music is good it will stand on its own merits, but the film can still be rubbish. Just my thoughts smile

1. The Rope profile image60
        The Ropeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agree completely...

2. wyanjen profile image87
      wyanjenposted 6 years ago

Music can enhance a mediocre movie, in the sense that it can be used to change mood, create tension, or focus attention to the plot.
      The best music in a movie is the kind you don't notice. It is subtle and becomes a part of the plot.

Unless the movie is Hair.
      Or, The Wall.

1. sannyasinman profile image83
        sannyasinmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

. . or "This is it"

3. 0
      LEWJposted 6 years ago

If a mediocre movie can be enhanced by music,  a pig's face can be enhanced by Noxema.

4. theageofcake profile image76
      theageofcakeposted 6 years ago

About 75% of the original Land Before Time's power is in the music.  It is wonderfully animated, but in terms of plot its incredibly thin (after having re-watched it as an adult).  It absolutely enhanced a movie that would have otherwise been anywhere from alright to pretty good.