Move Villan, Bad Guys or Monsters Who's your favorite?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (32 posts)
  1. profile image58
    Madman51posted 14 years ago

Hey you guys out there. What is your favorite Villan, bad guy or Monster. For me, number one has got to be The Joker, from The Dark Knight. It's errie to think that after Heath Ledger played that character died...That is scary in its own right. So what's yours?

1. davidwpa profile image60
      davidwpaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Heath Ledger made one of the best movie villains of all time in my humble opinion.  I would say the best movie villains for me (and not necessarily in order are)

1. Heath Ledger (The Joker/Dark Knight) Best Supervillain
      2. Anthony Hopkins(Hannibal Lecter/Silence of the Lambs,Hannibal,Red Dragon) Best realistic Psychopath
      3. Gert Frobe (Auric Goldfinger/Goldfinger) Classic megalomaniac
      4. Alan Rickman (Hans Gruber/Die Hard) Just a joy to watch
      5. Robert Englund (Freddy Krueger/Nightmare Series)  Maybe its just my age but I like my slashers with a sense of humor.

2. Dave Harris profile image68
      Dave Harrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My top 10 would have to be:
      !. Amon Goth - German officer in Schindler's List
      2. Freddy Krueger- Nightmare on Elm Street
      3. Max Cady - Robert De Niro's version in Cape Fear
      4. Hannibal Lecter- Silence of the Lambs
      5. The Joker - Heath Ledger
      6. Pennywise The Clown - IT
      7. Michael Myers - Halloween
      8. Jigsaw - Saw
      9. Pinhead - Hellraiser
      10. Damien - The Omen

2. Windsweptplains profile image61
    Windsweptplainsposted 14 years ago

I think Heath Ledger's Joker is a phenomenal achievement. He played a very intriguing villain that has to be ranked alongside some of the greatest movie villains of all time . My personal favorite is Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean, but practically every bad guy in Lord of the Rings ranks high on my list as well.

Favorite movie monster? I'll say the Kraken from Pirates of the Caribbean. I've always had a fascination with squid and octopus, so this movie monster ranks the highest on my list of monsters.

1. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Hannibal Lecter...Anthony Hopkins was cast perfectly.

2. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

well first of all, not to sound rude, but it's spelled "VILLAINS" not "VILLANS." anyway, having said that, it's tough for me to say as it really depends on what genre of films we're talking about here.  I guess if i had to compile a top 4 list of general movie villains it would read like this. 

1.  The Joker (The Dark Knight)
      2.  Daniel Plainview (There Will Be Blood)
      3.  Mary (Precious)
      4.  ghostly entity in "Paranormal Activity"

1. adamsch profile image60
        adamschposted 14 years agoin reply to this

paranormal activity was fake so not scarey at all but stuff like that can happen but if you see the movie henry portrit of a serial killer he is #1

3. Windsweptplains profile image61
      Windsweptplainsposted 14 years ago

Supernatural villains are usually very interesting.

4. skyfire profile image79
      skyfireposted 14 years ago

Aizen souske (bleach)
      Grifficth (berserk)
      Johny depp (sweeny todd,secret window)
      Matt Damon (The Talented Mr. Ripley)

5. TreasuresByBrenda profile image66
      TreasuresByBrendaposted 14 years ago

I like Jack Nicholson's Joker.

6. sabrebIade profile image81
      sabrebIadeposted 14 years ago

1. Darth Vader (NOT Hayden Christensen!)
      2. Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins)
      3. The Master (John Simm)
      4. Max Cady (Robert Mitchum)
      5. Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins)

7. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years ago

Sweeney Todd (Johnny Depp)
      The Joker (Heath Ledger)

8. Valerie F profile image61
      Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

My favorite movie bad guy is, hands down, Darth Vader.

As for movie monsters, that's a tossup between Bruce, that clumsy animatronic star of Jaws (a movie I still can't watch all the way through) and those mutant/alien bat-things in Cloverfield.

9. obsexed profile image71
      obsexedposted 14 years ago

My favorite monster has always been Godzilla with Mothra running a close second.  smile

10. profile image58
      Madman51posted 14 years ago

OH well, leave it to me to misspell somethin' especially my favorite word: VILLAIN...there. Now...I agree with all of you folks. That close second for me is Hannibal Lector! So small, so quiet...so prim...so proper, so classy, so able to make you spill your guts (literally and metaphorically) Keepem comin'
      Oh, let me NOT fail to mention: Dr. Anton Phibes who will stop at NOTHING to get what he feels is rightfully HIS...HM HM HM HM HM!!!!!

11. Madison22 profile image60
      Madison22posted 14 years ago

Hannibal Lecture
      Hell Raiser
      Godzilla

12. profile image0
      Jared in Vegasposted 14 years ago

I liked Anton Chigurh from No Country for Old Men, and Jaoquin Phoenix did well in Gladiator.

13. Daniel Carter profile image61
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Mit Romney
      Harry Reid
      Nancy Pelosi

And a bunch of other elitist thieves and liars.
      wink

14. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 14 years ago

Lord Voldemort

Sweeny Todd

Norman Bates

Freddy Krueger

Yes, I will admit it, they all scare me

15. profile image0
      moonphlowerposted 14 years ago

I have to agree that Heath Ledger was hands down the best villain in The Dark Knight.

My favorite "bad guy" would be Al Pacino in The God Father trilogy.

16. Wayne Orvisburg profile image61
      Wayne Orvisburgposted 14 years ago

Pennywise from "IT".

Clowns are freaking scary man!

1. profile image0
        moonphlowerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree!   I hate clowns with a passion...will not watch anything with them in it!!!!

17. jellydonut25 profile image60
      jellydonut25posted 14 years ago

It took way too long to get a Darth Vader reply.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space - creepy AND kinda funny in a creepy way.

18. Vanrentals profile image59
      Vanrentalsposted 14 years ago

This is an easy one for me... The Tall Man from Phantasm, played by Angus Scrimm. I was about six when i first saw that movie and Scrimm scared the life out of me.  BOY!!!!

19. SpanStar profile image59
      SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I consider myself a logical, rational person but some of the horror movies that these people come up with calls into question by ability to remain rational and logical.  I truly felt that I couldn't be frighten by what was on the big screen that is until I went to Exocist-(Ok it couldn't scare me now but at the time...let me tell).

Ok to address your question this guy they call PinHead in Hell Raisers.  This is not someone I want knocking on my front door or back door.  If there are any puzzle boxes in my home you'll see them in the trash bin On Fire.

20. Pigmartyr profile image60
      Pigmartyrposted 13 years ago

Myers

Jason

The Creeper

21. Suzi-Q profile image60
      Suzi-Qposted 13 years ago

Archibald Cunningham from Rob Roy (Tim Roth)

Percy from The Green Mile (Doug Hutchison). I have never hated a movie character so much.

22. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

Alan Rickman in Robinhood prince of thieves.  Brilliant pantomime bady, loved him.

23. CrimsonBelle profile image61
      CrimsonBelleposted 13 years ago

Heath Ledger as the Joker, hands down. But some other favs would be Nero from Star Trek, Voldemort from Harry Potter, and Stellan Skarsgard's bad guy in King Arthur.

24. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

Anthony Hopkins, Silence of the Lambs

Cruella DeVil 101 Dalmatians

Darth Vader - Star Wars

Gary Busey - Undersiege and Tommy Lee Jones - good actor villain or not

Heath Ledger - really good actor best as villain in Dark Knight

Daniel Day Lewis - Gangs of New York -- Bill the Butcher

25. Don Ship profile image74
      Don Shipposted 13 years ago

Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
      Anthony Hopkins (Silence of the Lambs)
      Darth Vader (Star Wars)
      Jigsaw (Saw)

26. Broken Poet profile image60
      Broken Poetposted 13 years ago

i like dexter
      jigsaw
      and the joker

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)